• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Takada No Hamono Suiboku B1 270 Bundle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dehory

Reaction score
EDIT (4/25/24): Takada gyuto sold in a bundle with another knife. Togashi suji still available – will repost in a later thread.

I'd like to offer my Takada B1 270 gyuto in a bundle with my Togashi W1 240 suji for $1075 (sale price) / $975 (trade value).

I’ve included price breakdown info below for transparency, but would like to keep the Takada and Togashi together.

Sale price includes PP G&S fees.

For buyers interested in fee-free payment methods, I’ll offer the knives at the trade value.

Either way, fully insured/tracked CONUS shipping is included. If you’re outside CONUS, PM and we can discuss.

Mainly looking to sell. Trade interests are listed in the spoiler below:

• 240+ wrought-clad mid-weight by Heldqvist, HF, JB, Merion, Radiona Breg, Maillet, Krichbaum, Lucid, Brook, Northside, etc (bonus points for Apex Ultra)
  • Laseur in stainless
  • Non-damascus Devin (bonus points for AU or MagnaCut sanmai)
  • Anything Mario or Martell or Bazes
  • Gesshin Heiji 210 sujihiki in Semi-Stainless
  • Takeda large NAS or AS cleaver

Takada No Hamono Suiboku B1 270 Gyuto​

Sale price / Trade value: $700 / $650 SOLD

Blacksmith: Yoshikazu Tanaka
Sharpener: Mitsuaki Takada
Steel: Aogami #1/Iron clad
Edge length: 255mm
Heel height: 51.5mm
Spine thickness at handle / heel / midpoint / 1cm from tip: 3.20 / 3.16 / 1.96 / 0.55
Weight: 208g
Handle: Knives & Stones heart-shaped (rokkaku hanmaru) ebony and blond horn
Purchased from iggyskier who got it from ashy2classy: https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/takada-no-hamono-blue-1-270mm-gyuto.63373/

If you're looking for BNIB, this is definitely not it. I'm at least the third owner, and the suiboku finish is faded compared to a brand new suiboku B2 I owned a while back. There are some faint scratches on the blade. I like to use my knives and was fully planning on keeping this one long term, so I was happy to pick it up for a great price in used condition. Please see the video in the gallery.

It came to me with an oversized and overweight handle. I swapped it out with a much more comfortable K&S heart-shaped ebony handle (hot glue install). The balance point is now at the 髙田 kanji. Original packaging included.

I’ll be sad to see this go, but I have a 270 in ginsan that I’m reaching for more often, and I really need to pare down my gyutos.

Togashi Stainless Clad W1 240 Sujihiki​

Sale price / Trade value: $375 / $325

Blacksmith: Kenji Togashi
Sharpener: Kenya Togashi
Steel: Shirogami #1/Stainless clad
Edge length: 233mm
Heel height: 38.5mm
Spine thickness at handle / heel / midpoint / 1cm from tip: 2.40 / 2.37 / 2.25 / 0.66
Weight: 180g
Handle: Ebony and black horn
Purchased from Carbon Knife Co (first owner): https://carbonknifeco.com/products/...nless-clad-kasumi-sujihiki-240mm-ebony-handle

Like new in box. No patina. Factory edge: never sharpened or stropped.

A beautiful slicer that I just never use.

Last edited:
Back