• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Takada Suiboku Blue 1 180 Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

esoo

living the patina
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Catch and release. Beautiful knife, just turns out I like my nakiri on the heavier side. Cut one carrot and one celery stalk, but since I never removed the lacquer the knife is pristine. I could probably pass the knife off as new, but I have ethics.

Edge Length: 160mm
Height: 54mm
Weight: 144g
Balance is just ahead of the pinch, given it a great cutting feel

Tosho listing here as the suiboku can be hard to photograph: Takada no Hamono Blue #1 Suiboku Nakiri 180mm Rosewood Handle | Tosho Knife Arts | Tosho Knife Arts (you can see they say rosewood handle, but obviously it isn't)

Price: $570 CAD shipping Canada/ConUS inclusive of paypal fees. Toronto area willing to do cash/local exchange (and will get appropriate discounts for such).

Doing the day job right now, so couple of quick pics - more upon request later.
20220411_102105.jpg

Picture catching the lacquer:
20220411_102424.jpg

Reaction score
I’ve wanted a Suiboku Nakiri for a while, but Sakai 180s are just too short for me to justify. I love my Shigefusa Ku Nakiri for literally the opposite reasons for why I love Takada no Hamono, but that length is just too short for me to use on a consistent basis.

as someone who owns 4 Mitsuaki Takada finished knives, 3 of them forged by Yoshikazu Tanaka, I will say if you want to try one JUMP ON THIS NAKIRI. Especially if you prefer smaller knives.

The banding on Tanaka forged Suiboku is beautiful and his blue 1 steel is as good as it gets. But the Takada sharpening and grind is other worldly. I literally can’t believe the food release I get from his knives. It’s like something out of a cartoon.

glws, somebody will LOVE this knife

esoo

living the patina
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this nakiri is cool as heck. It did cut like a dream with a great grind, but I like more weight in my square knives. I basically want a short cleaver and this wasn't it. 40-60gm more weight (with the same balance) and this would not be up for sale.