Takashima Tomae vs Majiyama vs Shinden Suita vs Tamagoiro Tomae

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Youll like that and as mentionend it could be a good idea to put that stone on a woodboard. Just to avoid the Danger of breaking it.

Congrats! And welcome to the addiction...

Thank you. My wife will hate me and the rest of the forum too :laugh:

Nice! Youll like that and as mentionend it could be a good idea to put that stone on a woodboard. Just to avoid the Danger of breaking it.

So the obvious question would be: how do I do that? Any particular type of wood?

Well 10mm and a 200x70mm size.. well with such a big surface it could break.. so its no must but safety first would be my choice. And Watanabe also recommends this.
I dondt have any stone that is so thin and the thinnest ones have a woodboard. Take some wood that looks cool with the red stone ;)

I still have my Takashima from a few years back (well, though it is in cargo now). Nice choice

Either treated wood or a variety that won't rot from being wet.

I still have my Takashima from a few years back (well, though it is in cargo now). Nice choice

Some of your stones have made it some of the same distance you're travelling... just got an eyeful of the Toratogi that landed in Melbourne and it is stunning!

Either treated wood or a variety that won't rot from being wet.

Right, so nothing special is required.

Last question: what do I use to mount the stone on my cool piece of wood?

That will do the trick :biggrin:

Congrats on the stone.
I belive it was the best choice. The others were all much harder, and thus much more difficult.
The takashima tomae is a great stone. I have one, which I´m really happy with.

That will do the trick :biggrin:

Congrats on the stone.
I belive it was the best choice. The others were all much harder, and thus much more difficult.
The takashima tomae is a great stone. I have one, which I´m really happy with.

Thnx. I should get it in 7 working per Shinichi's instructions. I'll post back here when I do (I realise it's a starter stone and I'm way too over excited over it)

Thnx. I should get it in 7 working per Shinichi's instructions. I'll post back here when I do (I realise it's a starter stone and I'm way too over excited over it)

Na, I'm excited too and it's not even my stone. Love to hear what you think of it when it arrives

Na, I'm excited too and it's not even my stone. Love to hear what you think of it when it arrives

I'll definitely write my feedback. Btw, I was reading the list of your sharp stuff and my jaw just kept on dropping...

How long did that collection take to come together?

Back