• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Tanaka Ginsan 210mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tostadas

Hobbyist / Craftsman
Reaction score
S Tanaka 208x49mm Gyuto
Ginsan core with stainless cladding
K&S Ebony/Horn octo handle

The classic gateway knife. I originally got this for a friend, but it's mainly been sitting in the box at his house because he prefers to use much smaller knives instead. Spine and choil have been fully rounded and polished on both sides. Smooth gently curved profile, grind is pretty close to 50/50, maybe slight right-bias if any. Thin behind the edge but not a laser. After recently receiving it back from my friend, it was still sharp from when I gave it to him. Still, I touched it up on a suita for a crisper edge. I don't know if these are discontinued, but I have not seen them in stock anywhere in the ginsan version for a long time.

Ebony octo horn from K&S is as you would expect, with smooth transitions at the ferrule and a clean install.

$200 shipped & insured within US (international I can cover the first $15, PM for details)
Comes with original box

Dimensions
Blade length: 208mm
Height at Heel: 49mm
Weight: 178g
Balance: neutral, 0mm from choil

Spine Thickness
Heel: 2.5mm
Midpoint: 2.1mm
1cm from Tip: 0.9mm

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Last edited:
Darn, if this was posted a week ago I would’ve insta bought it. Its a great work knife. I don’t see this lasting long. Glws

Back