• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Tanaka/Kyuzo, yo handle Tanaka

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Attachments

• 5098FCE3-740E-4014-9BEB-92797C37EEF7.jpeg
    5098FCE3-740E-4014-9BEB-92797C37EEF7.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 155
  • 9F06F25E-6D38-4AE1-AE21-D87B220E44F8.jpeg
    9F06F25E-6D38-4AE1-AE21-D87B220E44F8.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 154
lol which tanaka sold? :p

was chuckling and thinking the same thing when i saw this earlier. also pretty light on the specs. guess it doesn't matter what the steel and cladding is on the tanaka/kyuzo. or if it's a hitohira.

...guess it doesn't matter what the steel and cladding is on the tanaka/kyuzo. or if it's a hitohira.
Pretty easy, just from the kanji it's an iron clad Hitohira and given the price it's a B#1. If it's an AS or Vintage Swedish Carbon it's a steal, which I doubt.

Pretty easy, just from the kanji...

pretty easy if you can read kanji (chiseled by hand on metal, no less). or have memorized the ones that appear on products you're familiar with.

that's fine if you want to exclude people who don't...
  • read japanese
  • have eidetic memories
  • want to browse product pages based on hunches to try and figure it out
  • have such familiarity with these knife offerings that they may have already tried/owned them anyways
but until i'm told what a knife is, it's a mazaki, and i count myself amongst the excluded.

Last edited:
Back