The best watch

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Neal

Reaction score
I have had a Grand Seiko for about two years now, and it has not gained or lost a second yet. It has been reset to official time a few times for daylight savings time changes and time zone changes, but has always kept perfect time.

Your mileage may vary, but mine is perfect. As an old Air Force pilot, I appreciate perfect time.

Keith

Just recently started learning about good watches, and Grand Seikos seem to punch well above their weight (cost) class, and are almost universally acknowledged to be the most accurate out there. My non-Grand Seiko Quartz provided me with 30 years of great service until my son left it on the kitchen floor one day last year and I stepped on it, breaking the bracelet. Even then, the watch kept going fine on my desk at work until the battery died a few months back. I think it's hard to find better timekeepers for the $ then Seikos in general, and many seem to feel GS is by far tops in accuracy and value.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Grand Seiko movements. Especially their automatic movements. Top notch all the way around.. Personally I like Omega for everyday wear.....tough and hey...they went to space! Mine is automatic and it stays within 2 seconds every three months....cant complain but I bought my wife a diamond an white gold version and it keeps even better time. Omega nailed it with the co-axial movement and I'm still getting knife credits from my wife's watch...lol ("Gee honey, I could have bought 15 of those custom Haburn (or other insert name here) knives for that....)

I still dream about a Patek Phillipe......Tourbillons are just a thing of fantasy.....I don't even think about something like a George Daniels.....These guys are the epitome of perfection.

Cheers

Mike

Hey, I went the Omega co-ax route a couple weeks ago as well, with a Planet Ocean. And I am trolling the waters daily looking for a Speedmaster, but since I have a new PO I am now looking for an older Speedmaster instead of a new one. I'd love to get a mid-'60s and eventually pass it on to my son. Thankfully my sights go no higher then the couple Sinns I have purchased and the Omega(s); thinking about $20k for a watch is definitely outside my wheelhouse; I'd probably choose 2 Kramers instead :)

Yeah, I prefer to decorate my wife and get many passes on my silly hobbies. She has actually started talking about the difference between the performance of our beater german knives and the Carter that has become her knife....

The Omega Annual Calendar is exactly my watch for daily wear..tough, accurate and understated. I like the really cool watches but I guess I have to wait for a while until I get the patek Philipe my dad has.....don't want it but do...you know the routine.

Back