The Lowly Chopping Board

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNewMexican

Reaction score
Been awhile since I posted so thought I'd start a post where people can show off their favorite cutting board.

I've been doing a little woodworking lately so with some scraps I had I thought I'd put together an end grain board for the kitchen. This one is mesquite, cherry and walnut. Aside from some color variation in the wood, turned out pretty fair I think!

IMG_1914_zpsgt1clyy2.jpg

In researching on the net, there are a lot of cool designs out there. 3-D, varying block size, whatever. Maybe next time..........

Very nice! I've been meaning to create a chopping board myself, but I need to find a good supplier of wood in my area. Anyone know of a place in the San Francisco Bay Area that would sell small scraps of wood? Everyone wants me to buy 6+' lengths...

I used to go to the "Woodcraft Store" when I lived closer to the city. They tended to have smaller pieces of hardwoods to sell. The nice thing was a person could browse the racks and pick out just the piece they wanted. Here is a store locator: https://www.woodcraft.com/stores/ . Looks like they have one in San Carlos which is about 36 minutes from the center of San Francisco.

Back