• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Toyama 240 damascus

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Throwing this out there in case someone can meet the need (want?).

I want to trade my 240 Toyama damascus, with burnt chestnut/horn octo handle, for the same knife with a taller heel at or over 55mm or perhaps another 240mm Toyama (iron clad preferred, SS considered) with a taller heel plus some cash to balance out the difference; actual amount to be determined by condition and specific model/handle. I'd love to find one with a 57-60cm heel. I know they exist, but suspect there aren't many as most I see come in at 55mm give or take.

Asking $750 CONUS, Int'l additional over $20. I paid $800 for it and put $80 into it.

My dammy is 54mm at the heel and just a touch short for me. Specs of this one:
209 grams
Heel at 54mm
Blade at 240mm
OAL at 398mm

Photos below.
IMG_0879.jpg
IMG_0880.jpg
IMG_0880.jpg
IMG_0881.jpg
IMG_0882.jpg
IMG_0883.jpg
IMG_0884.jpg
IMG_0885.jpg
IMG_0887.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice knife, I am gravitating towards taller blades as well, I totally understand your point. Sad to see this toyama not suiting your style now.

Damascus Toyamas look very nice. Did you consider going 270 instead of 240? You would get the height at the heel that you are after. Just a thought.

I've 270 Toyama SS and it is 60 or so...

These are good points! I actually have a 270 Toyama SS and mine is 59-60mm at the heel (perfect) so while I don't expect to find a 240 with that height, hopefully I can find something in the 55-58mm range.

Bumping this, changing title to WTS. Also, would happily trade plus cash for a taller Toyama iron clad 240 or stainless clad 240. Also, open to a few other select trades for taller gyutos.

Back