• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT trade: aizu for gesshin vitrified diamond

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have a super awesome tall aizu that i will 100% regret letting go of, but would like to trade it for a gesshin 800 grit vitrified diamond stone.

the edge it leaves is 3k-5k

dont bother sending me any other offers, it is NOT for sale.

will take photos of it tomorrow.

Last edited:
20200218_180847.jpg
20200218_180853.jpg
20200218_180908.jpg
20200218_180925.jpg

yeah it's a bit of a unicorn aizu which is why i dont want to part with it unless it's to swap for something equally unobtainable.
Jon has the stone you're looking for in stock. Just shoot him an email or tag him on here. He just has to attach them to the plates. Then you can save your Aizu, too.

I’m not a Jnat expert but I had the opportunity to use this stone awhile back. It’s pretty amazing. Feels great, unbelievable edge and a cutting speed that has to be hard to rival. I wouldn’t know for sure.
Anyway this stone performs just as good as it looks.

The Vitrified stone is worth the money, bought one after reading Jon’s comments on them, nothing but happy. That big Aizu is equally impressive, I think I’d try and keep both of those in the arsenal. Beautiful.

I think you will be over the moon with the 1k & 6k diamond JKI stones. Best ones I have in my lineup.
But I’ll trade you ca$h for that aizu, which you could in turn trade for that 800

I think you will be over the moon with the 1k & 6k diamond JKI stones. Best ones I have in my lineup.
But I’ll trade you ca$h for that aizu, which you could in turn trade for that 800
i've used it before and think very highly of it and been meaning to get the 1k at least, i was just hoping jon would release a lower grit one like 3k or 4k as thats the grit range i prefer.

marc, perhaps i will reach out if i run out of patience. i would truly love to swap for yamazaki 18 though (i cant find it anywhere near me!! and the going prices for online are outrageous due to demand and low availability), :D even if open bottle that some was already poured.

yes yes, this set is freakin great!!

pretty nice, right? Wicked edge when done. Just the right amount of bite. It’s kind of like taking a freshly sharpened edge off 6k to 8k jnat and then going back to a 500 for finishing /stropping.

Latest posts

Back