• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Tres amigos, Yuki Paring, mazaki gyuto and watanabe gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F-Flash

Reaction score
Masakage Yuki Paring knife

44g
77mm from heel to tip
27mm @ heel
60€ (67 usd) Inc PayPal and cheapest shipping in most places

(I thought id use Paring knifes more, I don't, I use my itinomonn petty instead)

Mazaki 210mm gyuto from cleancut
170g
213mm from heel to tip
50mm @ heel
200€ (222 usd) incl PayPal and cheapest shipping in most places

(I thought I'd use 210mm gyuto more, I don't, otherwise this wouldn't be leaving.
Had some low spots on bevel, which I removed, had patina and few scratches from sharpening which I can remove if buyer so wants)

Watanabe gyuto, blue #2 iron clad
Custom size, Kanji has faded but works like a charm.
270g
257mm
56mm
380€ (421 usd) incl PayPal and cheapest shipping in most places

(overlaps with my toyama too much, and I barely prefer my toyama)

If you buy more than one knife I'll take 10€ away from combined price.

Gfzi4xn.jpg
Kgbf86F.jpg
2EyXfnn.jpg
xKQMypp.jpg

Hi Flash, just a curiosity: is the kanji on the watanabde faded because of thinning? I assume the knife it has been used quite a bit? It is not mentioned any of that. Thanks for the clarification.

Hi!

I'm not sure about that, came to me the way it is.

Maybe the few older owners who are at forum can share if they know?

It wasn't ever thinned, it was polished to 2,500grit which removed some of the high spots in the kanji - the grind was so good it shouldn't need thinning for a long time. Watanabe's kanji is pretty light already so when those high spots are gone it looks a little faded. The picture below shows there were a couple of high Mark's before
20191122-232837.jpg

Back