Tsubaya Stainless Laser

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myguidingmoonlight

Reaction score
I found a Tsubaya Stainless Gyuto that looks very similar to the Ikkanshi Tadatsuna and Ashi Ginga. Made in Sakai, mystery smith, mystery stainless steel, similar price range to each other.

https://tsubaya.co.jp/?pid=112390052
Interested in these since they're available in 255 mm and 270 mm sizes, which I would love to upgrade from my 210 Kono HD2.

If anyone knows a hint of what stainless these are made of I'd appreciate it.

I think that's made by Ashi. I picked up a stainless ko bunka from Tsubaya in June, which I was told was made by Ashi. The kanji is a match, and it has the same handle design as well. I see a mix of just "Swedish stainless" or sometimes AEB-L.

I think that's made by Ashi. I picked up a stainless ko bunka from Tsubaya in June, which I was told was made by Ashi. The kanji is a match, and it has the same handle design as well. I see a mix of just "Swedish stainless" or sometimes AEB-L.
It'd be nice if it's Swedish Stainless, the INOX stamp on these draws me to think of Tadatsuna's INOX gyuto, which is made of ginsan.

That one is made by Ashi actually. I don't know what steel, it could be AUS 8/10/ AEB-L.
because I did ask Ashi directly, but I don't know why they have that nice handle
That's pretty nice that it's Ashi; it's probably not a bad bet that it's Swedish stainless since it's the only stainless steel I know from Ashi.

Thank you for the confirmation!

That's pretty nice that it's Ashi; it's probably not a bad bet that it's Swedish stainless since it's the only stainless steel I know from Ashi.

Thank you for the confirmation!
Page says molybdenum vanadium steel, which could not be AEB-L (but could be AUS-8). It's possibly custom to them, much like how it's rumored they make the HD2, which is in a different steel as well (rumored SKD12 or some equivalent). It's also possible it's a mistake of course.

Back