Tsubaya Takada vs Hitohira Yohei vs Takada

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have the 210 and 240 B2. Unfortunately, I don’t have other Takada pieces. However, compared to my 210 myojin tetsujin they are thinner and more laserish/fragile feeling. I find deburring them more tedious than myojin and the tanaka blue 1 (yugiri) that I do own, but once done correctly, they are a pleasure. The 210 tsubaya is definitely on the short side, I may relegate it to petty tasks. The 240 is perfect in my hands, medium. I am new to this hobby, less than a year, sorry that I can’t provide any other insight.

I recently got a gyuto from tsubaya, definitely everything you'd expect from Takada in terms profile, the spine and choil are most refined just like the nakiri I've had for a while that I got from MTC. The grind is solid. I wish I was patient enough to just wait for the 240 with extra height, the 210 I got is pretty short it is a little wedgy because of the way it tapers quickly from spine to edge.

I recently got a gyuto from tsubaya, definitely everything you'd expect from Takada in terms profile, the spine and choil are most refined just like the nakiri I've had for a while that I got from MTC. The grind is solid. I wish I was patient enough to just wait for the 240 with extra height, the 210 I got is pretty short it is a little wedgy because of the way it tapers quickly from spine to edge.
Old post, but did you get a Suiboku or a Kasumi? Are the grinds the same on both finishes?

Back