• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Price Drop 1.0- Twins incoming Knives outgoing Shigefusa Suiboku Mazaki Akimitsu Y Tanaka

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I’m expecting my first two babies come fall and so it’s time to move on from some of these knives. Make offers if you think the price is too high, but twins are expensive. Some of these are wishful thinking but I haven’t paid much attention to knife market since my wife got pregnant.

More pics on request. Pictured left to right

Morihei Akimitsu 240 Damascus Silver 3 $800 $750
Ebony handle
Thinnest knife I’ve ever seen. Maybe used it for one cut. Truly a unique knife that can’t be found anymore.

Mazaki San Mai Blue 1 240 $500
Ebony handle and says
One of those Knives and Stones previous customer ones from a while back. Needs a sharpen and a polish

Y Tanaka Sentan Dammy Blue 1 210 $350 $325
Ebony handle
One of those weird longer ones from K&S that’s like 225mm. Never jived with this one but has a great polish on it

Takada no Hamono Suiboku BLUE2 240
46mm height
$500
Tsubaya edition
Ho handle
This one feels like your regular Suiboku but has a little more spine to it. The Suiboku finish on it is pretty light but beautiful. Maybe test cut with this. I have other Takada’s I may part with if interested

Shigefusa Kurouchi Nakiri 210 $1000
SOLD
59mm height
Excellent shape and excellent banding. It’s a workhorse Shigefusa essentially. People who say KU Shigs aren’t special haven’t seen this one. Not first owner but I personally haven’t used it. I don’t think I’ve seen other ones of these around.

image.jpg

image.jpg

More pics coming. Please msg for questions and offers.

Last edited:
Congratulations!🥳

Solid bundle of knives! GLWS!👌🏻

Thanks- def shouldn’t have put that Takada remark… a lot of DMs.

Thanks for the congratulations.

Also I need to double check but I think I may be wrong about the Takada core steel- it may be blue 2. I lost track but I think I originally bought it for work but switched to my Tetsujin instead.

I’m trying to get back to everyone but it’s tough. If I don’t respond to you ur msg got lost in the shuffle, feel free to msg me again if I don’t get back by midnight.

Okay so I’m closing my Takada no Hamono collection other than the Blue 2 Tsubaki Suiboku gyuto.

Here’s more info on the super limited run of the Morihei Akimitsu. If you’re a fan of lasers, this knife is a must have.
https://hitohira-japan.com/products/ama-616-04-fa240

I’m also dropping prices down for a few-
Akimitsu $750
Tanaka Sentan $325

I’ll supply more pictures of all of them as well.

Back