Utensil I cannot identify

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaryMargaret

Reaction score
I am a longtime, experienced cook, and when I came across the photographed utensil at a Goodwill store in Maine, I had to purchase it ... but I am unable to figure out what its purpose is. I will appreciate any ideas.

Attachments

• front2.jpg
    front2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 84
Looks like it could be a detachable pot/pan handle of some sort.

Corn zipper! Your photograph is exactly right, the very same. (Your link to eBay lists the device at $16.95. Wow! I think I paid a dollar, maybe two, for it.)

I look forward to trying it.

Thank you all for your time and interest ... and TurboScooter for your answer! Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Corn zipper! Your photograph is exactly right, the very same. (Your link to eBay lists the device at $16.95. Wow! I think I paid a dollar, maybe two, for it.)

I look forward to trying it.

Thank you all for your time and interest ... and TurboScooter for your answer! Much appreciated.
MaryMargret, stick around here for long enough and we’ll start a thread wondering which $400 knife is the best for zipping the kernels off corn. My personal favorite is a 180 wakui gyuto in stainless clad white steel...Obviously (and bargain priced to boot)

Latest posts

Back