• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Washitas, Coticules, Charnley

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cotedupy

Reaction score
Prices are in are in USD not including shipping, though can take the equivalent GBP or EUR. Ping me a message and I can find out post costs, I've recently found a very good and quite cheap international courier service, so it's probably less than you might expect. Wise preferred, though can do PP. +$5 for PP buyer protection and their scam conversion rates.

Obviously these are all lapped and good to go, with my honest impressions about each. The two Cotis and Washitas have wooden boxes.

Washita 1. 8 x 2". $45
Toward the finer end of Washitas, but really quite quick too. Very good stone with a large range. I can't find a picture of this stone in the box, so the second pic shows it in use, it's on the right and is every bit as fast as the two coarser stones to its left.

IMG-1582.jpg

IMG-2168.jpg

Washita 2. 8 x 2". $50
Around the middle in terms of both speed and coarse/fine. This is a generous 8x2, it's a little larger than the one above, and very thick. The top of the box is made from hard leather to use for stropping, which is cool.

IMG-1585.jpg

IMG-1838.jpg

Coticule 1. 125 x 30mm. $35
This is really very good razor stone indeed, which is lucky given the size. Around average in terms of coti speed, and very fine finishing. Natural combi with BBW, has a box/holder.

IMG-2148 (1).jpg

IMG-2146 (1).jpg

Coticule 2. 155 x 35mm. $45
A slightly grainier feeling stone that the above. Med+ in terms of speed. Works well for razors or as a smaller knife stone. Natural combi with BBW, has a box/holder.

IMG-2180.jpg

IMG-2178 (1).jpg

Charnely Forest. 8 x 2". $85
Massive brick of extremely hard and fine Charnley. Top razor finishing stone, but not for knives unfortunately unless you like trans/black arks.

IMG-2097.JPG

IMG-1661 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Sent you a PM on Washita 1. Reminds me of a little broken piece that I really like. Really nice stones for sale here!

Back