• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Wat Pro Nakiri (sold), Yoshikane SKD Petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi KKF Fam,

I'm finding that I like shorter nakiri's and longer petty's so putting these two solid performers up for sale. Pricing is shipped in CONUS.

EDIT: Wat Sold

Watanabe Pro 180mm Nakiri - $260 (SOLD)
I purchased direct from Shinichi last year and it came a bit wedgy out the box with a few pronounced low spots. I thinned it, primarily working behind the edge and easing the shoulders with an eye towards convexity on the outside edge. It came out as a much better cutter with less wedging and most of the low spots taken care of. Food release went down a little bit with thinning but is still pretty good given how well it cuts.

For the finish, I'm no polisher, but took it up to a 6k on a gesshin resinoid but there are some spots a more inclined person could clean up easily. There's some light scratches on the left side too that I tried to capture in the video. One final note is that the choil shot is a bit deceiving as the first few mm near the heel on the right side got pushed up higher while thinning due to some high/low spots. The shinogi is a bit lower and more pronounced through the rest of the blade than what is seen in the choil photo.

I bought it with the upgraded ho wood d handle.

Specs:
181x59
201g

IMG_5849.jpeg

IMG_5864.jpeg

Yoshikane SKD 150mm Petty - $160 $150
Another knife that doesn't need much of an introduction. Purchased from Epic Edge a few months back and used a couple of times to cut fruit for my daughter. Touched up once on an Aizu shortly after receiving it.

Specs:
152x32
73g

IMG_5857.jpeg

IMG_5863.jpeg

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you don’t already have a good semi stainless pretty, I highly recommend this one. Very good for cutting citrus and very good at trimming meat. Good performer all around at a very reasonable price.

Back