• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Well-worn Tadatsuna 270 ginsan gyuto, a few throw-ins

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blerghle

Reaction score
Looking to thin the herd. All of these have been kicking around for over half a decade. Please assume they will need at least cosmetic work. Perhaps they will find a home with someone who needs sharpening practice or wants to try re-handling. The price is meant to reflect condition and usable life. I would very much like to only do a single shipment. I am in the US. I am also very open to trade, especially for a workhorse carbon 240-270 gyuto or cleaver (can make up difference w/cash, etc.)

270 mm Ikkanshi Tadatsuna INOX/ginsanko wa-gyuto - used for years in professional and home kitchens, has scratches from use and sharpening and a couple of blemishes, currently 270mm from tip to handle, 45-46 mm height at heal. Could probably take some thinning - I can't seem to get a great choil shot, but a better sharpener than I could get better performance out of this one.

Misono Sweden Steel hankotsu, has definitely had some rust spots over the years

~205 mm Tanaka blue #2 yanagi - budget line, I *think* the same line as what CKTG carries. The plastic ferrule is completely loose and this is the only single bevel I've sharpened so assume the worst.

Richmond Artifex AEB-L honesuki

Knives side 1.jpg
Knives side 2.jpg

Let's say $225 OBO for the whole lot, shipped in CONUS, or elsewhere for cost of shipping minus $25.

Bump. Adding a Richmond Artifex AEB-L bread knife that has seen moderate use (bought it when I needed a bread knife both for home and work and I like my old MAC just as well).

Tadatsuna comes with a somewhat dingy but intact saya, no pin.

For the sake of reference, a new one of these gyutos sells for $360 on Aframes Tokyo and from old reviews I think comes at 51 mm for height.

A new Misono Sweden Steel hankotsu sells from JCK at $116.

None are currently listed, but if memory serves, the bread knife was $60 from CKTG, and the honesuki was $70. I think I got the yanagi used for maybe $80 give or take?

Anyway, 5 knives now for $225 OBO shipped in CONUS or anywhere for cost of shipping minus $25, and open to trade.

Me too, but no longer need stainless and going for something heavier and taller. Funds received, feel free to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back