what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking sake tonight - kampai!

A63D413E-5B6C-472F-B14C-19036AEBF2B9.jpeg

Friday night, getting in the mood to cook bullit 10-year-old bourbon

Attachments

• 4CD298D1-FCC5-41E3-B992-64F416121DDC.jpeg
    4CD298D1-FCC5-41E3-B992-64F416121DDC.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 8
A lovely Etna Rosso from Tornatore. Light, cheap, yet packed with flavour. What’s not to like?

5802AD1A-A6CC-4297-AE10-E9731F20334F.jpeg

Dolcetto - perhaps not the best match with todays rice, beef and egg - but it has alcohol in it and tastes great, so...

06AC04A2-8A63-49CA-BF17-B16B67EF6BDA.jpeg

this is so off the beaten path, but here it goes.

MEZCAL! I have a good friend that loves the stuff. he owns many. we sipped some RARE specimens yesterday. tiny tiny sips, but the flavor is so profound and anything but tiny. I swear, you could dip a q-tip in some of his Mezcal, suck it off the cotton and it would blow your tastebuds out of the water. when I sipped it was just a few drops at a time, it would almost evaporate in the mouth, then gently inhale. it was NUTS! no worms. but the depth of flavor was amazing between bottles. he had a bottle that he owned that was bottle of 2 made OUT OF 5!!

I was honored to have tasted all of it.

mez.jpg
mez1.jpg
mez2.jpg
mez3.jpg

You’re both seeing right :) Opinel nr 10 with a blade by Bryan Raquin. Absolutely lovely knife. Blade fits perfectly with the handle. Only have one folder, but on the other hand, it’s this one :)

sure, I intended to mean; I want one too! Brilliant idea, can you take the opinel apart easily?

I have no idea how much work it is with installing the blade, but since it’s an old construction I would assume they made it so the blade could be replaced. But that’s just me guessing.

this is so off the beaten path, but here it goes.

MEZCAL! I have a good friend that loves the stuff. he owns many. we sipped some RARE specimens yesterday. tiny tiny sips, but the flavor is so profound and anything but tiny. I swear, you could dip a q-tip in some of his Mezcal, suck it off the cotton and it would blow your tastebuds out of the water. when I sipped it was just a few drops at a time, it would almost evaporate in the mouth, then gently inhale. it was NUTS! no worms. but the depth of flavor was amazing between bottles. he had a bottle that he owned that was bottle of 2 made OUT OF 5!!

I was honored to have tasted all of it.

View attachment 124046View attachment 124047View attachment 124048View attachment 124049
try it in a bloody Mary

Mezcal pure please, I was in my twenties when I discovered it and it blew my head open like described, flavors from all over the place; anything between turpentine and citrus

Cracked open my first Glenallachie single malt. 10yo Cask strength Batch 3. A mix of first fill PX and Oloroso sherry casks. Delicious dram and a total bargain at $70.

IMG_3548.jpg

The wine and knives are fantastic - you need to throw a watch in there as well, and we will have multiple threads in one picture😂😂

Wine, food and knives is quite enough for my wallet 😬 I’ll leave the watches for yoy :)

Lol, I rewatched Sideways too last week. Cracking film even on second viewing. The thing that struck me this time was how accurate the bro thing is: the lines and interplay between the two guys it's just so recognisable. Must have been written by a man obsessed with bromance and chasing women..

Anyway, Sunday 4.30PM and I'm enjoying a nice ti punch. Nice to see the Japanese blends around.

Attachments

• FC5D10F6-7E5B-4805-9741-958813A8AC3C.jpeg
    FC5D10F6-7E5B-4805-9741-958813A8AC3C.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 4
Lol, I rewatched Sideways too last week. Cracking film even on second viewing. The thing that struck me this time was how accurate the bro thing is: the lines and interplay between the two guys it's just so recognisable. Must have been written by a man obsessed with bromance and chasing women..

Anyway, Sunday 4.30PM and I'm enjoying a nice ti punch. Nice to see the Japanese blends around.

It was actually better than I remembered it, maybe because I was drinking this time 🤔 I do like the wine discussions, sniffing and tasting, but also the opposite side - just drink the damn thing!

It was actually better than I remembered it, maybe because I was drinking this time 🤔 I do like the wine discussions, sniffing and tasting, but also the opposite side - just drink the damn thing!
You guys just decided my sunday night entertainment.. Thanks!

Back