Which streaming music service do you use?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mainly I use Tidal in MQA mode through a Meridian DAC. The DAC drives either my Focal powered studio monitors on my desktop of an iFi headphone amp into Sennheiser HD650s.

I’ve been using Apple Music for a long time. They have a huge library and recently started using spacial audio and lossless audio (up to 24-bit/192 kHz) for no additional charge. It’s great if you have the hardware to utilize it.

I'm going to switch from Pandora to Qobuz. I like Pandora's ability to create stations for me that explore songs similar to the one I start with, but after doing this for almost 2 years the number of songs in a station arent that many and I've heard them all multiple times now. The playlist section of Qobuz seems to be pretty good, we will see. But the kicker is, with my new kitchen system, Audioengine A5 powered speakers and B1 bluetooth receiver and DAC, and a phone with bluetooth 4.2 and aptx, the sound quality is cd quality and noticeable enough that I want a cd quality music streaming service. Mostly listening to jazz, and small classical.

Have had Amazon Music Unlimited subscription for the family for several years. Also have SiriusXM in our vehicles and can stream SiriusXM via Amazon Echo devices. Just tell you-know-who to play SiriusXM channel blah-blah-blah and it does.

Back