Who did you vote for?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian

Refined, yet toothy
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had this poll about different kinds of knife owners a while back, and I was just wondering what the breakdown was, so that I could analyze any correlation with people’s avatars and personalities. Thinking I might make a spreadsheet and share it with the forum, maybe write a research paper on it. To recap, the options were the following people: collector, sometimes collector, knife user, anti collector. Who did you vote for?

I probably jump back and forth between user and semi-collector - Guess I would say semi-collector now.

I prefer to think of myself in the user category but I'm accumulating too many knives for may taste and getting dangerously close to semi-collector status. I definitely have some knives I intend to sell but judging from recent BST evidence this is very much a buyers market except for a few hard to acquire knives.
It would be interesting to run this poll for stones, JNATs in particular.

I'd put myself somewhere between user and anti-collector (I think). To me, knives are tools and tools are meant to be used. But tools also deserve to be cared for.
I'll admit that being a maker means that I have the freedom/ability to make myself a collector piece to use, and if it wears out, can just make another one, which is a freedom that not everyone else has. Especially if you are like the majority of the population who has to pay attention to a budget.

Id have to call myself a sometimes collector, because my thing is Ill find the one thing I really like, but not necessarily sell all the rest, so I have a tendency to have a few toys sitting around not getting used.

Back