World's Best Burl.......maybe

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do I contact Stefan? Or Mike? How does this work? LOL

Do I contact Stefan? Or Mike? How does this work? LOL
The best way to do it is contact the person you want to make your handle.
Then when the wood is ready buy two.
Send both pieces to the maker. One for you and one for him.
That might get you bumped to the front of the line.

'"That might get you bumped to the front of the line."
Ya, right!

Just in case I was not clear in my previous posts: count me in for two (one for my handle-maker of choice), eh? eh? eh? Know what I mean, know what I mean? Nudge nudge. Say no more.

Aw heck, add me in to the PM list as well!

Please add me to the PM list, Mark. This one I just can't miss. I'll probably end up on the couch for a week if I buy more wood, but hey, this wood is well worth some lonely nights :D

Looks like I will be working late today. These just arrived.
Soon as I finish today's shipping I will get to work cleaning these up.
Hopefully I can have them ready to go tomorrow.
bb001.jpg

These were in the box as well.
bb002.jpg

OOOOH, I really need one of those natural edge pieces bad!!!!

Oh well, I think I'd love to get a PM also when they are up...

Stefan

Well.....I knew it was going to be really good redwood.
But you don't know for sure until after it has been stabilized and you get it cleaned up.

Looks like it might be ok. Just teasing. I have never seen burl that I like as much as this stuff.
Now it's time to measure, price and take individual photos so I can post them in the store.

rw001.jpg

Oh well, not what you expected, but I'll probably still take some off your hands...

Stefan

These blocks are being added to the store right now.

Just a warning.
The store software will show a piece as available until someone who has it in their cart completes checkout.
The software gives it to whoever completes check out first.

I got one, but I was in such a hurry that I don't think that I got the best one!

I just ordered 3 :) # 2354, 2356, 2358 :spin chair:

:O Uh. Crap. Probably should have checked to make sure there was money in my bank first. That's what I get for rolling cash!
:beatinghead:

This is pretty insane... I picked two also but Paypal acted up, no idea whether it went through correctly. But I knew you greedy little buggers were also waiting for them to come up ;) We'll see. It's not like I don't have any redwood myself.... But this looked really nice although I personally prefer the side with the age lines.

Stefan

And I don't need them cut down into scales this time, gonna try some Wa handles finally!!! I got some knives with Wa handles and of course, all of my burls from Mark I had him cut into scales. OOps!! Lots of knives, no handle material!

Wooo Hoooo!!! I shhhhnagged a couple pieces of this beautiful stuff!!!! I didnt wast much time looking, I knew all you guys were grabbing them up fast as he was posting them!! :)

Thanks Mark, For sharing this great piece with us BURL JUNKYS!!!!

Dang, you guys are quick. Looks like half of them are gone already.
Here are a few photos of my favorites that still remain.
a20791f136f1a81f83b76c_m.jpg

a20791f136f1a46e1260b4_m.jpg

a20791f136f19fad976b1a_m.jpg

The others are nice as well. I don't think there are any I wouldn't love to have.

You are a bad man adding more photos to this thread. Please combine my three together for shipping:biggrin:
Once again. Thank you!
Looks like a few of you guys came back for seconds.
Thank you everyone. I am sure you guys will like this stuff.

Back