• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Starter gyuto...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwiefel

Reaction score
Hello Knuts! Looking for a knife for a friend, this will be their first jKnife.

Gyuto
average or above average knuckle clearance
stainless/semi-stainless/stainless-clad preferred, carbon is OK
wa- or yo-, no preference
210/240 preferred, 270 is ok
budget ~100...can go to 150

That should cover quite a broad range of items :)

I have seen you posting on this site before so you might be familiar with some of my suggestions

Tojiro DP, Fujiwara FKM, Carbonext, a little more expensive Hiromoto AS or the Misono Swedish

I have a 210 CarboNext. IIRC, it's got a scratch (would need to look tonight). It's also had half the spine professionally rounded for more comfortable grip. I'd sell it for $80 plus shipping.

I have seen you posting on this site before so you might be familiar with some of my suggestions

Tojiro DP, Fujiwara FKM, Carbonext, a little more expensive Hiromoto AS or the Misono Swedish

I think he's more in the market for a pre-owned.

wrote that this morning when I was drinking my cup o joe lol did not realize?

Hattori HD 240 gyuto
150 shipped
got this 7yr ago used for 3yr been in storage for past 4yr

Thanks everybody! It turns out that this was a false start. Friend decided to wait a bit for budgetary reasons.

Sorry.

Suisin Inox Western 240mm Gyuto? Bought from Korin early January. It's in great shape.

Whoops...sorry, didn't see your last post. Disregard!

Back