• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD / WTT Migoto Rentetsu 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enrico

Reaction score
Looking to sell some of my last “nicer” knives. Mainly going in the direction of customs and work knives only. Have a few that are/will be ready soon and would like to use this $$ to pay for them. Also been buying some hiking stuff too which seems to be a new hobby. It's been fun to try everything out, but I have some other lower tier knives I'd like to try and play with. Add a sujihiki and beater and you'd be pretty set IMO. PM with any questions.

Yanick gyuto
225x55mm
214g
135Cr3 core
Vintage iron clad

Nine Honesuki/petty
165x44
132g
Blue 2 core
Iron clad

Migoto x Yamada Rentetsu gyuto
246x56mm
283g
Blue 1 core
Wrought clad

Price for all is $2650 and I think I'm still take a little bit of a loss overall. US only for now.

Edit: migoto x nine honesuki sold for $525 to a gentleman

Edit: yanick sold/traded for $1250

$650 for Yamada

IMG_2943.jpeg
IMG_2944.jpeg
IMG_2870.jpeg

IMG_2881.jpeg
IMG_2882.jpeg

IMG_2949.jpeg
IMG_2950.jpeg

Last edited:
All of these knives are used. Yamada only for 2 sessions. Yanick most used, tipped and sharpened. Nine honesuki used and sharpened. If you want drawer queens these are not for you.

migoto x nine honesuki sold for $525 to a gentleman

$2k for yanny and yamada

If you were thinking about the Yamada solo….. I’d do $700 shipped. A tad bit of a loss but oh well.

Yanny will not be sold solo and when bundled, yanny and yamada are at my true cost to your door.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in the Yamada, let me know. I'd be down to do a bunch of pro-bono polishing (bevels fully evened, full kasumi, minor thinning, choil / spine rounding, etc.) work on it to help me justify the package and take home the Yanick... 😅

Help me help myself by helping you

Last edited:
Change of plans,

Ended up sending the Yanick to a buddy who’s been looking for one this size.

Going to leave Yamada up for a little before fully committing to it. Looking for trades mainly western handled gyutos like denka, mab, goku, hisamoto. Non yo handled would be stuff like Heji. But I’m pretty open to hearing what you have. Value remains $650.

Sorry for the back and forth on this thread. Been swamped at work and haven’t had much time for my knives. It’s always a constant battle of hoarding, selling, and buying more.

Cheers

Back