• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT Xerxes Primus I

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nakiriknaifuwaifu

Reaction score
Looking for the Tsukasa 240mm gyuto in White 1 from JCK - or any other 240mm+ gyuto or 180mm nakiri from Tsukasa-san really.
+/- cash if it's the prelaminated stuff or patterned dammy
Kiyoshi Kato, Shigs are also welcome.

Not particularly keen on selling unless you'd like to offer me enough to buy a Tsukasa outright 😜

Specs:
230mm x 50mm (I believe the 230mm is the largest size that was made but feel free to correct)
195g

Handle in Bog Oak and Copper

20220410_144306.jpg

20220331_160040.jpg
20220401_125313.jpg

Last edited:
What's the trade value ?

idk, trade value is maybe $1200-$1400, so around $400 to $600 less than a Tsukasa?
in full disclosure, that is less than what I paid

it's an older knife, so comparing older prices...

the hinoura white 1 240mm gyuto was $520
https://japanesechefsknife.com/coll...olor-stabilized-maple-burl-wood-handle-hs1-7b
Here is a shigefusa kasumi wa gyuto for $460.
https://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/shigefusa-kasumi-300-mm-wa-gyuto/
i'd be down to trade for either...

Last edited:
The BST rule quantify a price in instances like this feels a little silly to me. NKW is just trying to trade one flavor of hard to get and/or out of production knife for another. 5-10 years ago these were all around the same price and all have risen since - if you see them at all (well, we see a lot of shigs I guess).

GLWT! Im sure at some point someone will find an old hinoura white 1 in a closet and rather have a Xerxes

Sry, this was no offence!

I am just happy of your point of view, because it is objektive why a no more available knife like the Xerxes Primus should not be more expensive as an similar priced Japanese one, that is also no available any more.

SirCutALot

Latest posts

Back