• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Y. Tanaka/Sakai Kikumori custom B1 gyuto/suji set

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can’t believe I’m selling these, but here we are.

Matched set of Sakai Kikumori gyuto/suji made to custom specifications in Blue #1 steel. So-bokashi finish. Matching ebony handles with marble horn ferrules.

Gyuto:
Emoto to tip: 275mm
Edge heel to tip: 260mm
Height at heel: 58.5mm
Weight: 246g

Sujihiki:
Emoto to tip: 285mm
Edge heel to tip: 271mm
Height at heel: 41mm
Weight: 240g

Both are very, very gently used. My edge on the gyuto, sharpened once on a Morehei 8000 and stropped on leather and a CrOx loaded strop. Original edge on the suji; never sharpened nor stropped.

Selling as a package deal for $1400 shipped in the ConUS. Take the gyuto or sujihiki alone for $700 shipped.

IMG_2256.jpeg
IMG_2257.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the unsolicited editorial comment on a B&S thread, @Cliffkol. You go find a custom Tanaka with these specs for this price and let me know how that goes.

These are both withdrawn from sale.
Only knives that are hyped, are super flashy, or are rare seem to sell at normal prices these days. Otherwise, it seems that everyone expects 50% off...SMH. Hope you find a buyer!

Back