Yoshikane Vs Wakui

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I was about to grab another from carbon a few days ago but when this crap started going down I told myself i’ll hold off for now. Who knows what’s going to happen with the mail etc. I’ll wait. That’s nice cleancut has other options. I never was really into wakui but the aogami does look more my style. Maybe one day in the future.

I love the Wakui stuff and loved to pick up the newer versions tsuchime and nashiji too, but just have to ride this out first. Need to be careful with every scent.

Last edited:
I suspect the Yoshikane nashiji at KNS
https://knivesandstones.us/collecti...e-2-gyuto-240mm-stainless-clad-nashiji-finish
and the Yoshikane at carbon cut differently
https://carbonknifeco.com/collectio...-tsuchime-white-2-gyuto-240mm-chestnut-handle

Can’t say for sure though.

judging from the choil shot on the Carbon version it’s likely to not have much drag IMO

Can anyone else weigh in on this? Specifically how the KNS Yoshi would be different from the Carbon version, either speculation or from experience. Do all Yoshi's tend to be flatter towards the heel as these are?

Can anyone else weigh in on this? Specifically how the KNS Yoshi would be different from the Carbon version, either speculation or from experience. Do all Yoshi's tend to be flatter towards the heel as these are?

It's probably hard to judge without a single person owning both but yoshi has a track record of slightly differing grinds between vendors, though that could just be at their request

Do all Yoshi's tend to be flatter towards the heel as these are?
As far as I can tell all Yoshikanes in production currently have identical profiles. The difference is some 240mm are as narrow as 47mm at the heel and others like sld dammy are as tall as 51mm
The blade height may affect the flatness somewhat but not in a meaningful way.

Back