• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Yoshikazu Tanaka Kurouchi Shirogami # W2 Extra Height 240mm Gyuto Custom Jobone handle NIB

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matchplay18

Banned
Reaction score
Hello my first time listing anything on this site. I have for sale a Yoshikazu Tanaka W2 Kurouchi extra height. With Jobone custom handle, Rosewood Cocobolo. NIB I know I will truly regret selling this one but I have found another Unicorn. You can move right or left but it is hard to move forward from a knife like this. The grind the taper crazy thin behind the edge, form function everything you expect it will be. The taller height Kurouchi are a bit hard to come by. I have over $520.00 invested. My camera isn't the best so I hope the pictures are good enough. If you think you might be interested do send me a PM
I am asking $430.00 shipped Conus.
Specs Heel to tip 233mm
Height 55mm at the heel
Spine at the heel 3.1 midway 2.4 tip 1.2

Attachments

• DSCN2431.JPG
    DSCN2431.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 485
  • DSCN2434.JPG
    DSCN2434.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 465
  • DSCN2432.JPG
    DSCN2432.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 401
How is the taper? Could you provide a picture of the whole spine please?

Hello Fritz
Yes I can send a Pic of spine it will have to be tomorrow if that's OK
Randy

Hello Fritz
Yes I can send a Pic of spine it will have to be tomorrow if that's OK
Randy
I am just curious how the sharpener has dealt with the taper on this particular line. No stress, whenever you have time. Cheers

I had a request for a few different pictures. Great knife aesthetically straight forward. Even with the extra height I would describe the feel as a nimble middle weight work horse. It has a very kinetic feel. I hope these pictures are good enough to give a true sense to the knife

Attachments

• DSCN2468.JPG
    DSCN2468.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 240
  • DSCN2469.JPG
    DSCN2469.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 253
  • DSCN2464.JPG
    DSCN2464.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCN2463.JPG
    DSCN2463.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 202
I had a request for a few different pictures. Great knife aesthetically straight forward. Even with the extra height I would describe the feel as a nimble middle weight work horse. It has a very kinetic feel. I hope these pictures are good enough to give a true sense to the knife
Thank you mate. That looks great!

Cannot believe this is still here.

I don’t need it. I don’t need it…… I don’t need it……………………………

Back