ZKramer Carbon logo removal

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shindo301

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a Zwilling Kramer Carbon Chefs Knife and want to remove all the labeling/logos on both sides of the blade. It feels as if it’s screened on vs etched but acetone didn’t dissolve it. If anyone has successfully removed the branding, please let me know how.

Thank you

If you have access to a belt grinder, a 3M Scotchbrite belt will not only get rid of the logo, but will give the knife a factory finish. I use this on all of my knives where the finish runs orthogonal to the length of the blade.

If you have access to a belt grinder, a 3M Scotchbrite belt will not only get rid of the logo, but will give the knife a factory finish. I use this on all of my knives where the finish runs orthogonal to the length of the blade.

I was hoping for an easy chemical solution - I live in NYC so no access to tools. Would a metal polish like Simichrome buff it off?

Last edited by a moderator:
Scotchbrite won't cut it on this. It's on there pretty strong actually so the route would have to be sandpaper from a relatively coarse grit.

Hello,

I bought a Zwilling Kramer Carbon Chefs Knife and want to remove all the labeling/logos on both sides of the blade. It feels as if it’s screened on vs etched but acetone didn’t dissolve it. If anyone has successfully removed the branding, please let me know how.

Thank you

Out of curiosity ... why would you want to do that? I am not arguing, just genuinely curious.

Seems finding a place with power tools will be your best bet. I am sure that there are places in NYC that can oblige.

I did a tip repair on one, years back, and refinished some sharpening scratches. To my recollection, it was laser etched, and didn't budge from light 220 and up sanding.

Thank you all. I think I’ll just live with the etching until next year when I send them out for their annual Pro shatpening and have it buffed out. Appreciate all the advice.

Thank you all. I think I’ll just live with the etching until next year when I send them out for their annual Pro shatpening and have it buffed out. Appreciate all the advice.

Wondering if Xylene would do the trick—used it in my art school days with screen printing. Beware it's very toxic, and needs to be used in a very well ventilated space. Research it before buying.

Out of curiosity ... why would you want to do that? I am not arguing, just genuinely curious.

Seems finding a place with power tools will be your best bet. I am sure that there are places in NYC that can oblige.

That exactly. I am always trying not to damage them while thinning and here's someone who wants to spend effort getting rid of them.......

I prefer the look of a carbon blade without logos and branding so it does not distract from the overall aesthetic of the patina but not enough to send them out. Just a personal preference issue.

Jeepers, Shun decals erode if you just leave the scotch tape on a few days before pulling it off.

Back