London gathering

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

London gathering date

• Can't make it in November, December or January?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yoshi

Shindo Maniac
Reaction score
Can't do a poll on the old thread, let's start a new one.

Seems like most people are ok with November 11/12, let's aim for that?

Haven't made a poll on kkf before, let me know if there's anything I should change.

Oh, this is super good! Would love to meet up the fellow knife nerds in London. Perhaps some sharpening help/tips from your good self to improve our game!
P.S. very much enjoying the Washita you've sold me a year or so ago!

11th sounds good to me too! Would love to join you guys!

I'd be keen on attending and making the trip from up north if that's ok? I can do 11/12th

Just noticed this, which I assume is an intentional joke...?

C1FDAF61-0ED8-401A-9BE8-06422217E7B4.jpeg

I doff my cap @Yoshi. Bravo!

Well this is looking like a coin toss eh!

FWIW - Myself, and the Forge are available either day (which doesn't really help the decision, I know!).

Hopefully we will get another vote to decide on it. If not we'll have to toss a coin.

Alternatively, there's only 6 of us, we can propose another date to see if we can fit everyone in?

Hopefully we will get another vote to decide on it. If not we'll have to toss a coin.

Alternatively, there's only 6 of us, we can propose another date to see if we can fit everyone in?
Seems reasonable to me! Thanks for pushing this forward

I voted for both as can do either - just changed it to the Saturday as would be my preference

From organising meets before - if we do t just pick a date and go for it then it won’t happen

Well I guess that's the tie breaker, as much as I want to meet the legend @Ok__mode_6953 himself, I equally want to meet @fatboylim 's trio of yanicks. But worry not, I'm sure we will meet up again in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
11th is good for me. I can't seem to see the poll, but if I can cast a vote that would be the 11th

Hey yall, I fairly new to the knife/whetstone world and I would be super interested in joining and learning from the more experienced!
Sat 11 should works for me (unless I am very busy with work at that time)

What times are you lot considering running this event for, just curious if I could get back to home in time or will have to find somewhere to stay in London

I think a few of us are traveling from a bit of distance as well, let's aim for an earlier start? Like noon-ish?

We are going to turn you away at the door if you don't come with the Kato lol j/k
Argh, I had 2 to bring but they recently went to my relocation outside of London... Same with the Ittetsu Ikeda/Oni Yo honyaki!

But I do have a
Matsubara kiri cleaver,
Singatirin honyaki gyuto,
Hiromoto AS Spa 240 Gyuto, and a
210 Denka to bring!

Last edited:
I think a few of us are traveling from a bit of distance as well, let's aim for an earlier start? Like noon-ish?
I think I will make a weekend of it and stay Fri-Sun if anyone is around outside of the meet on Saturday. 🍻

Is the plan to bring lots of shiny things for everyone to look at and play with?

No worries on the dates and have a great time, i'm sure we'll get another chance to meet sooner or later!

I think I will make a weekend of it and stay Fri-Sun if anyone is around outside of the meet on Saturday. 🍻

Is the plan to bring lots of shiny things for everyone to look at and play with?
Yeah I think it'll be boring if we show up empty handed.

Bring along any knives/stones/board that you want to showcase/sell/repair. We should also plan on bulk buying some carrots/potatoes to cut with?

Think I might see how much a premier inn is.
Any thoughts on getting some decent food Sat night?

Back