London gathering

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

London gathering date

• Can't make it in November, December or January?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thanks alot everyone! Was a great time today had so much fun meeting people and trying stuff. Thanks alot to @cotedupy for hosting and the workshop demo, and @Yoshi for getting the ball rolling and organisation.

So many fantastic knives and stones, and great people and conversation. Looking forward to the next one!

Can bring some naturals

Hoping March doesn’t mean more stop and search as explaining a bag full of knives might be fun :D

I'm not sure even the police would've f***ed with you Tom, considering the armoury you were carrying on your back...

- 'Ello 'ello 'ello. May I ask if you have a valid and justifiable reason for carrying these bladed instruments about your person, sir...?

- Of course I do; I'm staging a coup, and need to arm my militia. Out of the way Plod!

Last edited:
Was a great time everyone, hope everyone got back safely. Lots of really awesome knives on display and great chats. Thanks again @cotedupy for hosting us and showing us around the forge. Very cool seeing you at work one the restoration too. Looking forward to making this a more regular thing. Can bring some other knives too next time.

Back in Cardiff now, and relieved to not have to pick my bag up again. Think I’d be more selective on what I bring next time.

Cheers to everyone who brought knives, stones and chat.

Was awesome seeing a lot of pieces from the newer makers that I’ve only seen pics of. Some really nice stuff around nowadays.

Great to try some super nice jnats and diamond stones too

As ever should have made an effort to take more photos!

Was nice to meet you all and seeing some really cool knives, thanks @cotedupy for hosting, doing the sharpening demo and to all for sharing your knowledge. I also hope this becomes a more regular thing.

20231111_143242.jpg
20231111_144630.jpg
20231111_144814.jpg
20231111_152235.jpg

Well done everyone, especially @Yoshi for organising.

We're quite a nice bunch eh, the UK KKF contingent. We'll definitely have to do it again in the future.
Such an awesome day and thank you @Yoshi for arranging. @cotedupy you are a legend hosting us, touring the forge and demoing the repair (wish I could have stayed longer!). Most grateful for the bead blast finish and etch on the tinker tank! And, I cannot wait to see the thinning work on the Hiromoto!

A great bunch of us. See you again soon all!

Back