London gathering

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

London gathering date

• Can't make it in November, December or January?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wicked, added some details, still not 100% decided on what so will just pack whatever.
Might stick some stones in the bag too

I see you are bringing a Kippington @Yoshi , should I still bring mine? I can bring Simon Herde 230mm from his last series, Simon Maillet western, Dalman massdrop, Evan 210mm or 300mm damascus suji from Yanick instead?

I see you are bringing a Kippington @Yoshi , should I still bring mine? I can bring Simon Herde 230mm from his last series, Simon Maillet western, Dalman massdrop, Evan 210mm or 300mm damascus suji from Yanick instead?
Yeah just happened to pick up a Kippington not too long ago, and yeah let's get more variety to the mix

Seems like the march is not going to be banned, please allocate more time for the travel.

Ditto, shall I still bring a couple Kippingtons?

Personally I’d love to see all of those if you feel like bringing them but especially the Damascus suji.

Ditto, shall I still bring a couple Kippingtons?

Personally I’d love to see all of those if you feel like bringing them but especially the Damascus suji.
Well mine is a work pony, would still love to see a laser pony and hook/Chevron grind if anyone has them.

@PeterL would you mind bringing your Bidinger and Newham please?

Will update the sheet later this week as I'm still having a think about what to bring, will likely bring some cleavers and 500-1k synthetic stones. Also have some coarse stones but don't know if that would be of any interest. Does anyone have any interesting or natural stones they can bring?
Was wondering if there was an area we could set sharpening rig with some stones, or water supply?

Will update the sheet later this week as I'm still having a think about what to bring, will likely bring some cleavers and 500-1k synthetic stones. Also have some coarse stones but don't know if that would be of any interest. Does anyone have any interesting or natural stones they can bring?
Was wondering if there was an area we could set sharpening rig with some stones, or water supply?
Can bring some naturals

Hoping March doesn’t mean more stop and search as explaining a bag full of knives might be fun :D

You are allowed to carry knives in the UK "with a good reason". It's at the discretion of the authorities but this gathering would likely constitute a "good reason". Could play it safer by wrapping them up in a way which would make them immediately inaccessible. Also maybe pack 20 sharpening stones just to be safe 👍

You are allowed to carry knives in the UK "with a good reason". It's at the discretion of the authorities but this gathering would likely constitute a "good reason". Could play it safer by wrapping them up in a way which would make them immediately inaccessible. Also maybe pack 20 sharpening stones just to be safe 👍
Can someone with good Photoshop skills create a flyer for this event in PDF format, that way everyone can have a copy on their phone and show it to the popo if needed?

Can someone with good Photoshop skills create a flyer for this event in PDF format, that way everyone can have a copy on their phone and show it to the popo if needed?
Just show the police some receipts of what we’ve all spent on these knives - that should do the trick…

In all seriousness (and politics aside), the demonstrations haven’t been half as lairy as they have been depicted in some media outlets - I’ve been able to go about my daily business in central London with zero issues.

Hopefully you won’t have problems getting to Peckham.

Thanks for organising guys, very excited for tomorrow! I will bring my Merion Forge Fulltang and my Newham to the party! Any interest in some stones as well?
Unfortunately I have to work later that day so probably have to leave at like 3 already, but if it´s gonna be a yearly (or more) meet up I will make sure to be fully off :D

I am coming by train so happy to bring a bag of potatoes or carrots to slice!

Thanks for organising guys, very excited for tomorrow! I will bring my Merion Forge Fulltang and my Newham to the party! Any interest in some stones as well?
Unfortunately I have to work later that day so probably have to leave at like 3 already, but if it´s gonna be a yearly (or more) meet up I will make sure to be fully off :D

I am coming by train so happy to bring a bag of potatoes or carrots to slice!

Definitely interested in some stones if you have any you want to bring! I'll be bringing quite a few

Stones will be some uk nats, jnats, and random
Plus some diamond stones and some compounds
IMG_7481.jpeg

Hi Team!

Sorry - I've been away in Italy for the last week or so, and not checking in on the forums. Anyhoo, tomorrow...

Arrive from midday-ish. I'll do a little tour of the workshop and demo of some the kit at 1pm maybe, and I can do a sharpening demo after that if anyone wants, but tbh it wouldn't be anything that's new to anyone.

There are various shops within a few mins walk if people want to buy refreshments, or indeed stuff like veg to cut. Rye Lane has pretty much anything you'd want.

Parking on the road outside (Blenheim Grove) is residents only on Saturdays unfortunately. There will be other places to park close by, but what I'd recommend first is: driving in under the archway and parking right outside the forge, where there is some space and it should be free on a Sat. I will leave a black A-Board on the pavement of the road outside showing where we are / where to turn in.

[Feel free to ask any further q.s, and I'll copy this post onto the whatsapp group too, if I can get my phone to work...]

In spectacler form, friends from Ireland have landed on my doorstep unannounced and will be staying at my house...

I will be delayed for after lunch. Perhaps 2:30pm. Is that too late?

In spectacler form, friends from Ireland have landed on my doorstep unannounced and will be staying at my house...

I will be delayed for after lunch. Perhaps 2:30pm. Is that too late?
Not at all, better late than never

Getting ready to set off. I'm bringingv

Cleavers:

CCK 1303
CCK 1301
CCK 1911
CCK 1101
MSicard Custom cleaver 220x110 AEB-L

Stones:

Suehiro Debado 1k
Gesshin 400 XL
JKI gesshin vitrified 800
NSK 400 Hakuto1 (XL)

Thanks for a wonderful meet up KKF, and thanks @cotedupy for hosting!

It's such a great opportunity to see so many amazing knives, as @PeterL said it's nice to try out different makers without actually having to go through the painful process of trial and error and selling on BST.

Let's aim to make it an annual event?

P.S I fully expect a WTT post: All variety of CCK for anything with a tip 😂

Last edited:
Back