Photo Contest - Pick Your Own Prize each Month

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Desert ironwood burl: not 100% yet... found an internal crack and managed to scratch the bolster by accident with a file, so i'll have to take care of that some day. :)
With Ironwood there will almost always be some checks or voids. CA glue works good for small fills.
Beautiful knife. Would be fun to see more photos.

Harald,
OOOOOOH BABY! That looks good.

There's some nice looking handle and saya work being shown in this thread.....oh and the wood ain't bad either. :)

002-52.jpg

Some ringed gingee...... I love this stuff!!!!

I am sooo lucky that this is a random drawing!

Sorry I am a day late with the drawing.
The winning number is post #46
Congratulations Spike

You might want to wait a few days before selecting your prize from the webstore. I should be finished restocking and posting the new stuff some time this weekend.

Send me a PM and I will tell you how to claim your prize.

Woo-Hoo!! Now I gotta make more knives!!

Thanks Mark!

Think I will enter this one for November. Two tone Amboyna/ Mammoth Ivory / Blackwood

Think I will enter this one for November. Two tone Amboyna/ Mammoth Ivory / Blackwood

This is one of my favorites! I have said it once, but I will say it again...well done!

Hey Mark, Sorry I had a brain fart, I already entered this one earlier I forgot Maybe Dave can delete it

Hey Mark, Sorry I had a brain fart, I already entered this one earlier I forgot Maybe Dave can delete it

That's OK.
I like this photo the best for showing the natural end on the handle.

It's been a while since I checked this thread. What a treat for the eyes! Great wood working with some beautiful wood.

Cool Mark, I will try to throw something togeather to enter for the November drawing. Thanks

Got this one thown togeather. Its Spalted Oak Bunion/Copper/Cocobolo Burl on my 280mm Takeda

I am posting this knife with Dave's permission.
If this post wins in the drawing, the prize will go to the owner of the knife, stopbarking.

I think Dave did a great job with this strange looking piece of wood. He makes it look pretty.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I lost track of the date so I am a day late with the drawing. Sorry

This month's winning number is Post #62
Congratulations Twistington

Send me a PM and I will give you instructions how to redeem your prize.

Really, I lost again DAMN!
Congrats Twistington

Way too happy, i just found an excuse to order a new knife to rehandle. :D

mhenry : Thanks! Your time will come! :)

I finally have one to add! And it's a kitchen knife!!!
Wood is Blister Koa with Ebony ferrule and buttcap, SS spacers.
P1030776.jpg

Apologies for the crappy image, I will try to improve.
This is Burl Source stabilized Redwood. Cast bronze bolster (it has a ruby set in the top of the bolster)

IMG_2595.JPG

Konosuke HD with blister koa, Dave's handy work.

attachment.php

This is my nenox 240suji rehandled by Dave, i got the wood from Mark...it's a two toned redwood. Beautiful wood and great execution by Dave.
p1010001.jpg

P1010003.jpg

Rio

Wow, that is one of the best looking nenox handles I have seen. Nice work Dave, congrats Rio.

Damn Dave....Very well done! Makes me want to buy a knife to have you rehandle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back