Knives & Stones Sakai Takayuki Syousin Sakura 240mm Gyuto Passaround in the US

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ramenlegend (oh)
daveb (fl)
dardeau (la)
zwiefel (tx)
cclin (ca)
johnstoc (or)
pleue (or)
gavination (or)
-second round-
MyScarGo (or)
redisburning(nc)
BeerChef (va)
Labor of love(la)

James don't do that you are way to generous, the USPS is messing up big time, and we are trying to locate the package

James,
I agree, Don't do that.
As you know I have paid for a K-tip without even getting my number called on the Pass-a-Round ( 4-5 more ahead of me). I did it based on the reviews of the knife at the time,
But just as importantly, your generosity and willingness to accommodate made an impression on me. " That is the kind of business and person I want to do business with"
Please take my name off the pass a round and advance the next person. I am sold ( happily) I will gladly review my purchased knife when it arrives.
James, in my humble opinion you have too much inventory traveling through the mail, don't add to it. Let us sort it out without additional cost to you.

Paul

Cool, thanks for the understanding guys, I was fearing that the reg. shape gyuto may go missing and I really want to keep the ball rolling. Let's just give the missing packet a few days :)

J.

The K type Gyuto has arrived in Florida. The knife came from Jon where some repair was done and looks to be in pristine shape. The wooden box, a very nice touch, is slowly losing it's war with USPS.

The K type Gyuto has arrived in Florida. The knife came from Jon where some repair was done and looks to be in pristine shape. The wooden box, a very nice touch, is slowly losing it's war with USPS.

So the regular gyuto is still missing right? maybe daveb should hold onto the k tip for a bit, and I will just send a replacement asap.

J.

dont know about the regular gyuto, but the k-tip one is now in as close to new shape as i could do... but the box was pretty much destroyed by the time it got to me.

@james if there is anything i can do to help out with finding the regular one, let me know. We have had almost no lost packages that i can remember within the US in the last few years, so i have a pretty good idea about how to find things when they seem to go missing.

This pass around (and others methinks, as well as just general practicality) could benefit from some variety of: 'How to properly package a knife for shipping' type sticky. I'm less than qualified to take on such an endeavor, which is why I so freely suggest it:D

Btw, I just passed on to Chuckles the original regular (non-k-tip) gyuto that had the tip slightly bent. It is a very minor bend at this point, and the plan is to send it to knyfeknerd. Just FYI.

k.

Jon that would be awesome if you could help find it I am getting the run around from the post office saying this and that is happening and they are sending it back to my post office? here is the tracking number I was given a LONG time ago, it's in Atlanta at the mail facility they have there supposedly?

pretty much you want to do this... have whoever sent the item contact the post office and ask to start an official investigation... they always say they will call in a day or two, but it never happens. However, this is usually enough to get the item to show up. If thats not enough, followup with them.

Thanks Jon, I sent an email to you earlier. Daveb is also looking into this but regardless, I figure the pair may need a pair of saya so I will just send the replacement along. Let's keep the ball rolling :D

I spent a little time with post office today. (Did I mention that the Postmistress is an excellent candidate for being my next ex-wife?)

Knife is in Atlanta. It had made it to Russellville, KY 42276 where someone determined the destination address, Adairville, KY 42202, was not valid. Is that Ramen?

The return address, Eatontown, NJ 07724, was "undeliverable as addressed". The knife then went to the Mail Recovery Center in Atlanta.

There was no insurance purchased for safe delivery of knife.

We talked to the Mail Recovery Center and to process the package out they need the Mailer address and the Addressee address to include phone and email. I have the form (the Govt always has a form) to provide the requisite information. I can provide the form to USPS as soon as I have that info. They can't/won't ship to me, only to the sender or the intended recipient.

CV - I pm'd you yesterday for this info. If I had it today the knife would be on a truck. Pls provide it via PM.

Ramen - Pls provide your info (if you're the intended recipient) via pm.

Again info required is: Mailer's address and Addressee's address to include phone and email addys. I won't share these beyond the FORM.

Thanks all,

Dave

wow, that was quick, maybe only a pair of sayas needs to fly to dave!

I spent a little time with post office today. (Did I mention that the Postmistress is an excellent candidate for being my next ex-wife?)

Knife is in Atlanta. It had made it to Russellville, KY 42276 where someone determined the destination address, Adairville, KY 42202, was not valid. Is that Ramen?

The return address, Eatontown, NJ 07724, was "undeliverable as addressed". The knife then went to the Mail Recovery Center in Atlanta.

There was no insurance purchased for safe delivery of knife.

We talked to the Mail Recovery Center and to process the package out they need the Mailer address and the Addressee address to include phone and email. I have the form (the Govt always has a form) to provide the requisite information. I can provide the form to USPS as soon as I have that info. They can't/won't ship to me, only to the sender or the intended recipient.

CV - I pm'd you yesterday for this info. If I had it today the knife would be on a truck. Pls provide it via PM.

Ramen - Pls provide your info (if you're the intended recipient) via pm.

Again info required is: Mailer's address and Addressee's address to include phone and email addys. I won't share these beyond the FORM.

Thanks all,

Dave

Thanks for your efforts. Hopefully something will come loose!

if dave can sort out this mess I will love him forever, I feel so bad, did the k-tip gyuto get to whoever was next? if so can someone take picture I would love to see how it looks now

Man I would love to get in on this! Been looking very hard at this knive and its most likely my next purchase. I'm sure giveing it a test run would only lead to a new one getting to my door that much quicker!

I got a call from the post office yesterday! they said they have it and it will be shipped to me. We'll have to wait and see what condition it arrives in.

Yee effing ha! I was told we would not hear anything until the knife showed up. Was about ready to see the post mistress again. (I may do that anyway)

awesome news! Now I only need to send out the shoes, probably straight to Dave!

J.

Yee effing ha! I was told we would not hear anything until the knife showed up. Was about ready to see the post mistress again. (I may do that anyway)

Hopefully you can thank her in person...after hours;)

Back