Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah like it was literally less useful than a cleaver. I hated how tall the tip was. Coupled with my tall cutting board I was bringing my elbow waay too high to do draw cuts or a tip dice. I liked it otherwise but that was enough to send it to BST
flip the knife 180deg hold at spine and use the heel as tip 🤣

Those who see a phallus in anything longer than it is wide have something wrong with them. On the other hand:

8a809260-9c0a-11eb-b3dc-c990105c7f06.jpeg

I blame @BillHanna and his rectangle proselytizing.
As much as I would love to blame @BillHanna for this, the insanity started years before he joined the forums. It partially has to do with people overemphasizing food release, but yet still wanting useful knives. More height allows you to have thicker blades that are still thin behind the edge or do more complex grinds. Hard to do an elaborate s-grind or something similar on a suji, not a whole lot of space. Same with thick spine and still thin closer to the edge. More height allows one to do these things, but I think we are way past what is reasonable.

A beached ship perched on top of some skyscrapers like a hoodoo looks really stupid.
You know what it's not? Boring. We have way too much of boring.

When I saw that ship building from my taxi window, on the way to my hotel from the World's Best Airport, it made me happy. What more do you want from a building?

‘My favourite way to serve broccoli is in the bin’ - @panda (probably.)
I quite enjoy blanched in salted chili water then tossed in herb&shallot oil and grilled with heavy char. throw some fried garlic chips on top. take it another level with preserved lemon aioli.
🤣

Last edited:
Back