Help identifying Japanese Kitchen Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fxmbs

Reaction score
Hi,

For starter, I'm not a big knife expert, I just received a kitchen knife and I would like to identify it. I made some pictures, I attache them. If someone can help me with it: big thanks :)

Sándor

uUjZ3yS.jpg

MZAxPLh.jpg

a0BwdKX.jpg

Handle, the blade shape and those stamp patterns remind me of knives labelled 'Dojo knives' on another website.

Looking at the pictures, the kanji is different though.

The name of the vendor was Kobayashi.

Looks like we have a winner?

156799_001.jpg

156890.jpg

There's a twin brother to this knife sold elsewhere (in several places) under the name of Hayashi Dojo. That one has different kanji though.

f12600bec83e49865ab27f21ddbda34928103695.jpg

And Epicurean Edge is selling a similar looking knife under the name of Kansui Dojo - where the kanji look more similar to this one but it's hard to tell from the small picture.

84050_2_n.jpg

Dictum sells still different knives (that look similar to the Fujiwara Hamon Damascus, and also to some sold under the Ikeuchi brand elsewhere) under the Hayashi name...

I guess you get a Kobayashi if you take the edge off a Hayashi and microbevel it instead....

Thank You guys for the help, I do think that we have winner: Slicing (Gyuto) Dojo Blue Steel Knife - Kobayashi

Back