1st Annual Seattle International Knife Show

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kudos to Daniel, Drew, and everyone from EE for putting together such a great show!

How big is the crowd at the show?

There were fifty odd table holders and we had some where around five hundred attendees.

Lucretia, it was a pleasure to meet you.

Thanks to everyone who came to this show and helped to make it a success.

Updated maker list:

Alpha Knife Supply
David Anders
Don Carlos Andrade
Robert Ball
Todd Begg
James Behring
Bruce Bingenheimer
Stuart Branson
Emil Bucharsky
Bruce Bump
Bill Burke
Murray Carter
Saign Charlestein
Wade Colter
Vojko Csaba (Hungary)
Kelly Cupples (steel and quenching supplies)
John Davis,
Adam DesRosiers
Haley DesRosiers
Matt Diskin
John Doyle
Jeffrey Driscoll
Rick Dunkerly
Erik Fritz
Grant & Gavin Hawk
Gary House
Tony Hughes
Geoff Keyes
Hank Knickmeyer
Captain Bunshichi Koyama (Japan)
Bob Kramer
Randy Lee
David Lisch
Kikuo Matsuda (Kiku Knives)
Mareko Maumasi
Andrew Meers
Mardi Meshejian
David Mirabile
Cliff Parker
Ole Petersen
Michael Quesenberry
Michael Rader
Chuck Richards
JD Smith
Tom Sterling
Joseph Szilaski
Shane Taylor
Devin Thomas
Henry Torres
Marko Tsourkan
Alan Warren
Aaron Wilburn
Francesca Wilburn

I've bought from six makers on the list.

As far as I'm concerned the most comprehensive list of makers that I'd be interested in. And I have to meet Bob.

Just missing one of my person favorites on this list, a certain Mr Delbert Ealy. But talk about a role call of greats in the industry!

Did anyone get a chance to look at the kitchen knives from Erik Fritz J.S.? Just curious as to what thoughts those of you who saw them in person had.

I spent a bit of time looking at his knives and was impressed with his building ability. He and I chatted that his knives felt a bit "right handed" because he is a right handed user himself and the final feel was from a right handed person. If you were to be a lefty you might have issue or ask him to massage the handle a bit. As for specifics in the blade geometry I really don't have much memory after seeing so many other amazing knives at the show. Erik was great to chat with and was grateful for our conversation.

Hi @stereo.pete ... Erik's chef's knives were pretty amazing. Good enough, in fact, that I got a few of them! The blade geometry seemed very good, with the shapes being nicely Japanese influenced. Thin edges, nicely rounded handles. I'm looking forward to posting them on Epicurean Edge and seeing other's opinions. We may have another custom knifemaker turned into a high performance custom chef's knife maker!

-daniel

Did anyone get a chance to look at the kitchen knives from Erik Fritz J.S.? Just curious as to what thoughts those of you who saw them in person had.

We are, indeed having a show again this year. It will be the last weekend of April at the Bellevue Hilton. We plan on posting info about it in the next week or so. Last year was a lot of fun.

Does anyone know if there are plans for a Second Annual Show?

Back