1st post!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfo

Reaction score
New to forum (da!). I am a home cook; no pro by any stretch. I've been using a set of Wusthof Classic knives for ~18 years. I want to step up to Japanese....maybe cut my set to three or four knives max.

I would recommend not buying without holding one. I bought a MAC Pro and did not realize the handle is not like a Wusthof or Henckels German knife that I was used to.

I also think more knives are better as you will have the right knife for the job. I could never reduce my 30 active knives to 3 or 4 knives. I do favor 10-inch chef knives.

One knife to cut fruits and veggies. And if you eat faces, one to cut meat and one to cut fish. And one for bread. A cheese knife too. Plus 36 others for everything else.

One knife to cut fruits and veggies. And if you eat faces, one to cut meat and one to cut fish. And one for bread. A cheese knife too. Plus 36 others for everything else.

Thank you; good suggestion.
I would recommend not buying without holding one. I bought a MAC Pro and did not realize the handle is not like a Wusthof or Henckels German knife that I was used to.

I also think more knives are better as you will have the right knife for the job. I could never reduce my 30 active knives to 3 or 4 knives. I do favor 10-inch chef knives.
I've held a few...seems like a good hand-feel so far.

Welcome.

Two words: Bernal Cutlery.

Been there for knife gift purchase. Nice shop but was treated w/some underserved attitude.

Back