• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 20.07 Reduced: Tetsujin Metal Flow & Kasumi, Yoake, Wakui, Kato, Tanaka x Kyuzo

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkayMode

I am the pig Daveb's mama was talking about
Reaction score
Since joining the forum earlier this year i’ve gone a bit nuts, so now it’s time to thin the herd and merge some separate sale posts together.

I outlined any flaws/usage in my descriptions as thoroughly and critically as possible - I want there to be no surprises when you buy from me. Let me know if you want the patina removing before I post.

I will split shipping costs with you from the UK and provide discounts for multiple purchases.

If you want more photos or specs, please just ask.

SOLD: BNIB Tetsujin 240mm Blue #2 Metal Flow - £520 £420:
- Quite prominent banding on this copy.
- There’s a very slight scuff on the right hand side of the horn ferrule, you possibly wouldn’t notice if I didn’t point it out but wanted to flag.

Tetsujin 240mm Blue #2 k-tip Kasumi - £450 £330:
- Touched up once on a 3k grit, never thinned.
- Lightly used on a few onion and protein-heavy meals to get a patina established, with no noticeable scratches, scuffs etc that I can see to note.
- This copy has a Taihei rosewood handle, it’s probably one of the nicest handles in my collection and i’ll be sad to see it go.

SOLD: Hatsukokoro Yoake 210mm Blue #1 k-tip Migaki - £170 £125:
- Just a super nice and good value knife, but I want to replace it with the standard gyuto profile.
- Moderately but carefully used with a stable patina established, with no noticeable scratches, scuffs etc that I can see to note.

SOLD: BNIB Tanaka x Kyuzo 240mm Blue #1 Kurouchi - £420 £360:
- PLEASE READ: I would like to flag that the knife arrived to me with a very very small dark spot on the core steel.
- I decided to remove this with the lowest amount of intervention possible with a few light passes using some stone power and a cotton wool pad. The original spot is now almost imperceptible, but there are a handful of very very light scratches from the powder; you could completely eradicate both of these in less than 5 minutes but I thought it best to stop there having prevented any functional issues from developing and mindful that I would be putting it up for sale.

SOLD: Wakui 210mm White #2 - £160 £140:
- Not trying to be a salesman, but this knife is an absolute steal for the price. I won't lower any further.
- Sharpened once to establish a micro bevel, never thinned.
- Light patina on the core steel which betrays the light use (>5 meals) this has seen.
- A few very VERY light scratches by where the stainless cladding meets the core steel, which I’ve tried to show as best I can.

SOLD: Yoshimi Kato 240mm Ginsan - £150 £130:
- Sharpened once, never thinned.
- Very lightly used with no noticeable scratches, scuffs etc that I can see to note.

Last edited:
Funny that my 240 tetsujin also has a similar rosewood handle and is one of my absolute favorite handles as well. Guess they just got those handles dialed for these knives
It’s so gorgeous I thought seriously about swapping it out and keeping it for another knife, but figured I would share the love.

Just putting it out there that I may be interested in some trades/part-trades for other knives and Jnats.

**09/06: Adding some punchy discounts to get things moving over the weekend.**

I gotta say, if anyone reading this has been waiting and waiting for a TxK Migaki or stainless, I highly suggest getting the KU version that’s available here.

I’ve got a KU extra height and it’s an amazing performer

Bump for the new Redditors, come and taste the rainbow 😎

*18/06: Further discount added on the Tetsujin*

Bump, Metal Flow back up for sale.

30.06: Even further reductions - I really don't think I can drop these much lower but need to move them on.

Bump - let’s get these Tetsujin’s sold, they’re bangers I just already have another one that I’m keeping!

What are the dimensions for the Tetsujins?
Metal Flow:
Heel Height: 50.5mm
Edge length: 232mm
Weight: 226g

Kasumi K Tip:
Heel height: 50mm
Edge length: 235mm
Weight: 201g

Last edited:
Specs for the Tetsujin’s added.

22.07: Further reductions applied to the Tetsujins

Hi!! Any ideia how tall is the Hatsukokoro Yoake 210mm??
More details in the conditions/dimensions... been sharpened? Thinned? Cause I'm really interested in it!
Cheers!!

Hi!! Any ideia how tall is the Hatsukokoro Yoake 210mm??
More details in the conditions/dimensions... been sharpened? Thinned? Cause I'm really interested in it!
Cheers!!
Hi 😊

Height: 50mm at heel
Edge length: 218mm
Weight: 227g

It has been sharpened once when I got it to microbevel the edge, and then touched up once after that on a 4k. Never thinned.

The steel is nice and crisp, so it doesn’t take much to refresh the edge.

Got the Hatsukokoro Yoake 210mm Blue #1 k-tip Migaki.
Great knife in great condition, super fast delivery!!!! Thanks so so much!!!

Got the Hatsukokoro Yoake 210mm Blue #1 k-tip Migaki.
Great knife in great condition, super fast delivery!!!! Thanks so so much!!!
Glad to hear it - enjoy and let us know how it performs on the line!

It’s a budget banger and I’m keeping an eye out for a 210 Gyuto profile one to replace it with 😎

Back