230 Dammy integral

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This knife has been on my list of things I've wanted to make for quite a while. Trying to challenge myself when I get time in my shop. Finally finished it off and I'm happy with how it turned out.
230x53mm,
240ish layers of 1084/15n20
Killer piece of Ameican redwood burl from a mate in the USA.
2.8mm spine above the heel, tapering down to a thin tip
211 grams

Learnt a lot on how to move steel with this one, which should help me when I eventually decide to make another

Cheers for looking!

Attachments

• 1620348712034.jpg
    1620348712034.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Dam4.jpg
    Dam4.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Dam5.jpg
    Dam5.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Dam6.jpg
    Dam6.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Dam1.jpg
    Dam1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Dam2.jpg
    Dam2.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Dam3.jpg
    Dam3.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Dam7.jpg
    Dam7.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 50
Hey Brook,
really great work again. My favourite is still the Blue#2 Wrought Integral.
Had you on my list for months but before I pulled the trigger you closed your books. Should you open it again, I'm definitely there. I like your more simple stuff as well as you experimenting and creating some really great pieces. Keep it up!

So nice, you are an absolute legend for this one Brook!

Hey Brook,
really great work again. My favourite is still the Blue#2 Wrought Integral.
Had you on my list for months but before I pulled the trigger you closed your books. Should you open it again, I'm definitely there. I like your more simple stuff as well as you experimenting and creating some really great pieces. Keep it up!

Thanks mate!
I love me some san mai, but felt the need to scratch the dammy itch 😁
I'm still a ways off opening books sorry. But I feel like this period of making "what I want when I have time" will serve me well as a maker. There's a few other things on my list to get to...

Lovely looking knife and the handle looks really comfortable. Great work all round.

Back