• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 240-260 midweight gyuto (Gengetsu, Kochi, Takada, Dalman etc)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a midweight gyuto with 240-260 edge length (true 240, oversized 240 or Sakai-270), at least 50mm tall at the heel.

Pretty flexible regarding maker, Japanese or not. Would be very happy with a Kochi w/ machi, Gengetsu, Dalman, Itinomonn, Takada no Hamono, Tsourkan, Konosuke…

Besides cash, I’m willing to offer the following knives for trade:

Marko Tsourkan 220 WH
Kaeru Wakui 240 WH (1st gen, 240g)
Kaeru Wakui 210 WH
Toyama 300 yanagi (sharpened a few times)
Toyama 135 mukimono
Toyama SS-clad 150 petty

Thanks!

Ps: I closed another similar WTB post and created this one with slightly different criteria.

Hey man, I have a 235-240 Kemadi 9xc3 stainless clad gyuto. I gotta double check length.

Also a 230-240 ish TX blue 2 honyaki with saya.

And a toyaMa SS 240 gyuto with matching saya and handle.
^ this I’m least likely to part with but would consider a trade or If I wake up on the other side of the bed tomorrow.

Let me know if you wanna see any pics or specs .

*that marko May interest me..

**just realized you’re looking for longer knives.. sorry these are on the shorter side of 240

-Dan

Hey man, I have a 235-240 Kemadi 9xc3 stainless clad gyuto. I gotta double check length.

Also a 230-240 ish TX blue 2 honyaki with saya.

And a toyaMa SS 240 gyuto with matching saya and handle.
^ this I’m least likely to part with but would consider a trade or If I wake up on the other side of the bed tomorrow.

Let me know if you wanna see any pics or specs .

*that marko May interest me..

**just realized you’re looking for longer knives.. sorry these are on the shorter side of 240

-Dan
Hi Dan. Both great makers but yeah, I’m looking for at least 240 edge length… and I have a 210 Toyama already, looking to try different makers. Killer knives though! Appreciate the offer

Back