240 Gyuto in White #2

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wakui from Epic Edge ? Is that the one they call the Magaki Chef Knife that is made by Mr. Wakui?

Magaki is the type of finish...

Ok,thanks for the quick come back. While I have you on the phone,lol,is the Wakui considered a work horse? Looking at the weight of even the 210,it does seem a bit heavy.If I recall,it said something like 6.40 oz.

edit to add: Looking at maybe ordering from Epic Edge but it doesn't appear to be a secure site to order from.Looks like they are a little behind the times.

Last edited:
W2 SS clad/kasumi/migaki/hairline AFAIK are all the same knife with different names and some with different handles. Just be carefull as some vendors are selling the iron clad version which looks the same, but is supposedly a bit thicker and (maybe?) not as thin behind the edge.

I wouldn’t call mine workhorse. It’s WAY too thin behind the edge for that. My 240 weighs about 210g. Some of that weight comes from the blade being a bit tall 52 mm and it’s few mm oversized. How ever it does have decent amount of spine.

W2 SS clad/kasumi/migaki/hairline AFAIK are all the same knife with different names and some with different handles. Just be carefull as some vendors are selling the iron clad version which looks the same, but is supposedly a bit thicker and (maybe?) not as thin behind the edge.

I wouldn’t call mine workhorse. It’s WAY too thin behind the edge for that. My 240 weighs about 210g. Some of that weight comes from the blade being a bit tall 52 mm and it’s few mm oversized. How ever it does have decent amount of spine.
Thank you JaVa.

Ok,thanks for the quick come back. While I have you on the phone,lol,is the Wakui considered a work horse? Looking at the weight of even the 210,it does seem a bit heavy.If I recall,it said something like 6.40 oz.

edit to add: Looking at maybe ordering from Epic Edge but it doesn't appear to be a secure site to order from.Looks like they are a little behind the times.

You could always call them and make an order if you are that concerned about web security

The aforementioned Kashima Sanjo from Cleancut is very intriguing to me as well.... very thin behind the edge and supposedly made by Yoshikane.... another site has them and they hinted that they’re made by Yoshi on their product page...

Back