SOLD 265x49 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanielC

KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
Stone polished, short workhorse, Gyuto in my O1/Iron sanmai. Core steel is hardened in the 63-64 range and polished on jnats. There are light stone scratches here or there that will easily be gone in a polishing session or two. Handle in Honduran Rosewood and Amboyna.

OAL: 420mm
Thickness out of the handle is just over 5mm.

Will take thinning well over time as the bevel is serviceable on stones. Thanks for browsing.

$530 shipped CONUS.
$500 shipped CONUS.
$485 shipped CONUS
$435 shipped CONUS

$400 shipped CONUS

20220707_215156.jpg20220707_215105.jpg
20220707_214425.jpg20220707_214622.jpg20220708_135759.jpg20220708_135826.jpg20220708_135948.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, when it comes to the simple steels, hardness for hardness I have a hard time differentiating and I think they are all well beyond adequate. I’ve got a honesuki in O1 that can hack through chicken joints all day without chipping and still surgically slice off skin and fat at the end of a case - not sure how it isn’t a good steel… it’s not something high alloy and modern, but I also don’t feel like that’s necessary to have a good knife.

People are sleeping on your talents on the stones and undervaluing the effort and skill that goes into these finishes and under appreciating how much easier this makes long term maintenance. Someday it’ll be the right time and right knife and I’ll grab one of yours for sure.

People are sleeping on your talents on the stones and undervaluing the effort and skill that goes into these finishes and under appreciating how much easier this makes long term maintenance. Someday it’ll be the right time and right knife and I’ll grab one of yours for sure.

Yes, yes and yes!

I agree, when it comes to the simple steels, hardness for hardness I have a hard time differentiating and I think they are all well beyond adequate. I’ve got a honesuki in O1 that can hack through chicken joints all day without chipping and still surgically slice off skin and fat at the end of a case - not sure how it isn’t a good steel… it’s not something high alloy and modern, but I also don’t feel like that’s necessary to have a good knife.

Ty for the kind words.

I enjoy the sanmai making process, and I enjoy polishing them on stones.

I try to let the market decide until my name is more established. I've been in the scene for awhile, I just make low volume and spend a lot of time researching. Going under $400 for the piece would be sacrilege though. I would more soon give it away to family before that. Which kind of means this is basically where this thread ends and I move on.

Looks fantastic and the value is certainly there. Sizing makes it seem like more of a slicer just being so long and short at the same time. Take 7mm from the length and add it to the height I would buy this for sure

This is a steal at that price, and a good buy at the original price. As others have said the length is a bit much for my preference. If this was 225-240 I would have bought this already. Don't be discouraged- I've really enjoyed your posts on steels and your knives look great

Back