• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 270 Sakimora Takobiki (Double bevel)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mucho Bocho

Reaction score
Masanobu Okada 270 Sakimora Takobiki White #1 double bevel

Very sweet slicer, balance is on the first kanji closest to the handle.

3.2mm at handle
28mm tall at heel
410 OAL
6.0 OZ

Since its a double bevel its easier to maintain. Very asymmetrical so it moved through food very well, no steering. The handle is perfectly mounted w flush horn ferrule and great figure to the wood.

Used in a home kitchen a hand full of times, the W#2 is so well executed and the suminagashi damascus is just stellar in person.

Selling for $245.

I'll pay shipping to CONUS. International, lets discuss..

Attachments

• IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Wondering how the frosted damascus finish goes when its thinning time. Certainly an appealing slicer.. Stiff, and the appeal of single bevel but in a (for me anyway) more useful double bevel.

Hey Jim, I suspect it would wear like an other Damascus. It's very stiff, with slight taper too. wicked cutter, ver different animal than a traditional double bevel Suji.

Price has been lowered to $245 shipped. its a lot of knife for this price. Impeccable fit and finish, stiff cuts fish and meats like a single. The blade is water quenched too. Totally strait and made from a Master blacksmith. Scratching my head why it hasn't sold yet.

Yea, this one is sick (nice), so as the 300mm one, very, very sick! :)

Back