• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

270mm - 300mm Suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLimpWhisk

Reaction score
Want to see what's out there, looking for a 270mm or possibly 300mm suji thats relatively tall, and stiff, but willing to concider all options.

Was pretty set on Toyama or Watanabe, but I could be swayed.

Let me know if you have anything knocking about.

Cheers,
Nick

I will suggest a TF maboroshi sujihiki for the profile u r looking.
Cheers..

I have a brand new 300mm Toyama Yanagi I might be willing to part with. Not a suji but a beautiful knife.

Robin has only made a few Suij. The 270 I have is 4+mm out of the spine ending with his thin but stiff tip. Very asymmetric and zero ground. I'm very fond of it and could not recommend higher. Plus he's awesome to work with and seems to actually enjoy his customers. He's as productive as 10 of Santa's elves rolled into one.

Think a yanagi might be too fragile for what I'm looking to use it for.

Dalman looks intetesting though.

I have this suji. Its a 270mm r2 made by yu kurosaki. The handle is custom made by Pcpken (instagram name) and I've used it very sparingly. Interested?

20171019_205316.jpg

The Toyama yanagis will definitely hold up for what you want to do.

Going to be brushing up near bone pretty regularly, not sure I would do that with it?

Consider ordering a Heiji direct from the maker and specify your desired blade height. A 270mm in semi-stainless is around 36,000 yen with shipping.

Heiji semi stainless sharpens much like carbon but not the need to baby as much. It can rust if left but not as bad as carbon. Easy to thin to as wide bevel is good to lay on stones...

Want to see what's out there, looking for a 270mm or possibly 300mm suji thats relatively tall, and stiff, but willing to concider all options.

Was pretty set on Toyama or Watanabe, but I could be swayed.

Let me know if you have anything knocking about.

Cheers,
Nick

I have an Ittousai Damascus if you're interested

The Heiji sounds like a good shout, if anyone has one I'd be willing to take it off your hands.

Not sure I'm too keen on the moritaka and damascus isn't really my speed.

Back