A cheap getting started "kit" from Costco

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I was looking at Costco.com online and they are selling a "kit" of the tramontina pro line that has become my goto recommendation now that the victorinox prices are a bit crazy-they are pretty much a clone of the Victorinox in fact. It's not a perfect kit by any means as it is clearly aimed at the home user, since it has 2(!) santokus and no line knife. It consists of:

2- Utility Knives: 6"
2- Santoku Knives: 7"
1- Cook's Knife: 8"
1- Cook's Knife: 10"
2- Clip Point Paring Knives: 3"
2- Paring/Chefs Style Knives: 3.25"
Polyethylene Cutting Board: 20"

but here's the thing it is $59.99 with free shipping and non costco members only have to pay 5% more.

Anyway worth keeping in mind if you are lookign for something for a person just gettign started since the only other really cheap "kit" I can think of would be made up of Kiwi/Kom Kom knives from Thailand and they don't have a classic chef model available in the US...

Of course if you are a member and have a costco near you, just go and buy them individually and skip the santakou, the 8", 10" package is about $13 as I recall. They also have a nice meat Cleaver in the store for also about $13

Back