Advice sought for Kurouchi Petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1Drn2Vg.jpg

Here's what I ended up buying—went for the 150mm carbon Uraku kurouchi. Chose it because it was reasonably priced, in stock, like the short sleek profile—didn't have to fret over d-handles since I'm lefty. Now, lets see how works out!

1Drn2Vg.jpg

Here's what I ended up buying—went for the 150mm carbon Uraku kurouchi. Chose it because it was reasonably priced, in stock, like the short sleek profile—didn't have to fret over d-handles since I'm lefty. Now, lets see how works out!

Nice. Let us know how it works out.

1Drn2Vg.jpg

Here's what I ended up buyingwent for the 150mm carbon Uraku kurouchi. Chose it because it was reasonably priced, in stock, like the short sleek profiledidn't have to fret over d-handles since I'm lefty. Now, lets see how works out!
Got this KU petty years ago before I retired. From Japan Woodworker. Liked it so much when helping Stefan put a handle on it. Most of the KU is gone after many sharpenings & repeated misting with stone.
View attachment 200697
Very nice knife! Similar profile to the one above! Know the dimensions on your petty?

Thick spine grid is a V to the edge. Used two petty at work. My 150mm Hiromoto AS core & this 120mm KU blade white steel. I gave the 150 hiro to a KKF cook who had his knives stolen. Still using this 120.

Back