Any experience or info on Nakamura from Chiba?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can't find essentially anything on Nakamura knives, who operate mainly out of Chiba. Their line is "Kaishin." Seems that they're new, starting in 2015, which may explain why it's hard to find info or feedback from users on them. Anyone use their knives or know anything about them? 12k followers on IG, so there seems to be somewhat of a following. Thanks.

The number of followers is a metric. I have seen people with thousands of followers and 3 likes. A assume those people paid for followers. I have two IG accounts. One started with food and bbq and had over 1500 followers . The other started with knife handles and wood workingand has almost 900 followers . Now I post the same content to both with the same hashtags. I can predict based on content which account will get more likes. It has been 100-200 of the exact same posts to both accounts.

I want to know most about their heat treat, them grinds. I can change grinds if needed, I can’t do much with poor Ht.

The number of followers is a metric. I have seen people with thousands of followers and 3 likes. A assume those people paid for followers. I have two IG accounts. One started with food and bbq and had over 1500 followers . The other started with knife handles and wood workingand has almost 900 followers . Now I post the same content to both with the same hashtags. I can predict based on content which account will get more likes. It has been 100-200 of the exact same posts to both accounts.

I want to know most about their heat treat, them grinds. I can change grinds if needed, I can’t do much with poor Ht.

For sure, for sure; good looking out re: IG. Mentioned that because that's the only thing I could find of people having any interaction with them.

Back