Any one shopped here before? http://www.330mate.com

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ynot1985

Reaction score
Found these guys on eBay and their site has a few stones.. Wondering if anyone has shopped here.. They have a few urchigumori I'm after

I want to try Nat stones but have no idea what a good be bad stone?

Anyone?

By all mean, please have a shot at Mr.Nakaoka. Often, it would turn out like a lottery, you can be lucky and get a bargain, or a piece of heavy door stop :)

James (Knives and Stones) has some Natural stones at his house and he is not far from where you are, Burwood right? Have a chat with him first to try something out locally.

Mr. Nakaoa is 330mate. James might have some stones for sale, but definitely he has some amount of personal collection.

330mate - and he sells under different names too - doesn't seem to have the best rep. I haven't bought from 330 though

The knifes are pretty good, and the prices are reasonable. It takes some time to ship, the communication may be slow and basic, but overall it's not bad.

Don't bother buying his stones unless you are interested in playing the lottery. He sells LOTS AND LOTS of low grade natural stones and is typically ignored in the straight razor market due to the quality of the stones. Typically they're filled with inclusions that are toxic and can damage a razors edge. If you're buying naturals there are at least a dozen other places that are a better source - sure they're more expensive but you know what you're getting and 99% of the time will accept returns if something goes terribly wrong.

Back