any projects for x-mas?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inferno

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) <*))))><
Reaction score
any of you guys have any projects planned for the x-mas holiday?

show and tell!

i have at least 2 projects for xmas. first i need to finish my scandinavian slasher. its gonna get carbon scales.
then i need to finish my hattori with new scales. it will also get carbon scales. but a bit more orange.

winter1.JPG

winter4.JPG

winter5.JPG

i have at least 2 projects for xmas. first i need to finish my scandinavian slasher. its gonna get carbon scales.
then i need to finish my hattori with new scales. it will also get carbon scales. but a bit more orange.
What characterizes Scandinavian slasher knives, and what are they called in Swedish?

Restoration of this 18th century shamshir, unfortunately it’s not a wootz blade , just pattern welded

Attachments

• AE1F7DCC-535E-4F6E-9B5C-04ED058BFADF.jpeg
    AE1F7DCC-535E-4F6E-9B5C-04ED058BFADF.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 20
What characterizes Scandinavian slasher knives, and what are they called in Swedish?

they dont have any swedish name. i just made it up. its a blade i made when i ran out of knives i really had a need for.
i guess the defining characteristics is that they look dangerous and provocative :)

they dont have any swedish name. i just made it up. its a blade i made when i ran out of knives i really had a need for.
i guess the defining characteristics is that they look dangerous and provocative :)

Now that I think about it more, I suppose that design works fine for Uzbekistani- or Uyghur-style foods too.

The funny looking thing on the bottom left is an oyster knife I made as a Christmas gift. It’s the second one I’ve made and they work extremely well. It makes for a laugh “ one upping” at the oyster roasts which are quite popular where I live. People are already asking for me to make them

Back