Anyone Interested in Learning Technique With Me?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Son! Well, that was a learning experience. Some notes for next time--first, make sure you have butcher's twine. And if you don't, make sure your skewer is shorter than your roasting pan (oops!)

looks yummy,

Looks pretty inside, although it was a little over done.

Nothing that can't be fixed with some pan drippings, potatoes roasted under the chicken, and some broccolini sauteed with olive oil & garlic.

For two people, it might be more trouble than it's worth, and I think I prefer the flavor of the meat cooked on the bone. The stuffing ended up being a mix of vidalia sweet onions sweated in butter and browned, mushrooms, garlic, crumbs from a homemade loaf of bread, tarragon, a little dijon mustard, some sherry, S&P, and some spinach for color. I'd make the stuffing again and just put in under the skin on a whole bird. For a dinner party or for serving several people, I might try a ballotine again. For 2, I'd just get some chicken breast quarters & bone & stuff them. Really glad I tried it--it was fun, and much less difficult than expected.

looks yummy

The boneless blob of chicken was kinda creepy!

Creepiness aside, that looks amazing. Well done.

With pictures like this and an underused honesuki in my drawer, I'm going to have to get on the ball. What are some other chicken techniques? I guess grilled chicken paillard would be another option.

k.

Back